whoops, have a shagged it?

sijones

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

got a dreambox... download the preconfigured gemini image, renamed it to root.cramfs, uploaded it to /tmp and used the manual flash to flash it...

But now it dont boot!!!!!! tried using universal dreamup both network and com port, with the com port i get the ident of dm500 but that's it...

has anyone got any idea on how to get it to boot so i can put a new image on...???

sijones said:
Hi everyone,

got a dreambox... download the preconfigured gemini image, renamed it to root.cramfs, uploaded it to /tmp and used the manual flash to flash it...

But now it dont boot!!!!!! tried using universal dreamup both network and com port, with the com port i get the ident of dm500 but that's it...

has anyone got any idea on how to get it to boot so i can put a new image on...???

Original Dream Multimedia Firmware

This image will completly clear the memory in a DM500 ready for new firmware

Try connecting the com on it's own is the box 'talking back' this should work on even an unbooting box. Don't switch on the power to the Dreambox etc till DreamUp has prepared the connection.

Hi, Having the exact same problem here. Dreambox wont boot and Ive got it connected by com and dreamup finds it and connects fine, but wont 'upload image'.

I can ping the box and 'erase' using dreamup but when I try and upload the image k-net posted it just says "20051126.103602,046 uploading image" and nothin at all happening on the progress bar. left it for about 10 mins so far and still nothing.

Got this box to replace an old sagem dbox cause its 'simpler and more stable':)

Solved it. Yup im a bit of a tool.

All you have to do is click and select twice the wanted firmware/image and its now uploading.

mcvey100 said:
Solved it. Yup im a bit of a tool.

All you have to do is click and select twice the wanted firmware/image and its now uploading.

Glad to see you got it sorted, the main thing is that you'll now as long as you can connect to the box (via com port) you can always get the box back to original state.

Why have you flashed this way?? Wouldn't Flashwizrd Pro be much easier...

i have learned a bit more now and think am getting the hang of it!!! got a image backon it but havn't managed to get gemini working but i will carry on!!!

Need any help just post a request, I have seen that you can flash this way so forgive my previous post... but glad to see you are progressing.

k-net2020 said:
Try connecting the com on it's own is the box 'talking back' this should work on even an unbooting box. Don't switch on the power to the Dreambox etc till DreamUp has prepared the connection.

I have done the same thing as mentioned in the 1st post here. Can't get the dreambox to start and can't get any connection, network or com. I have tried using a Xcable and through a router but both methods fail.

Any other suggestions please?

@Spankychan, I had the same problem when I messed up my dreambox, I had to download the latest version of dreamup from the dream web site, once I connected this version it worked first time through the com port.

Fremchman

Not sure then m8, I have ver 1.1.0.2 of dreamup and loaded image 108, and that got me back up and running.

Frenchman

Hold that!!!!! Found a null modem cable at the bac of a cupboard and might be onto somethign here.......

Cable connection did it - just the fun of the rebuild now - thanks for your help mate

Back