whoo hoo 3rd time lucky but got a small problem now :(

fes_786

Inactive User
Reaction score
got my third! replacment dreambox and guess what it flashed ok DW1.61
it picked up all channels ok

but got some channels freezing some of the sky movies and some of the indian / bollywood channels

my snr is 88% most of the time

erm which booster would u recommend 4 me

in teeside pure nthell

cheers

Most folk usually go for the Argos £8.99 one.

Good to hear you're up and running m8! Very patient.

well done, at last. That said all the lads I know who have gotten genuine boxes recently have had niggling issues with them so not alone...

i would like to thank all the members here for the help and support to get it up and running

just need to get a booster and i should be sorted

nice little box

1thing i noticed is when i had the 500c plugged into a 4way extension lead it was on a scrambled channel like sky movies but when i plugged in my soldering iron it said no services

so im guessin the power supply is supplying the bare minimum spec

because soldering irons 50w draw alot of current on start up

so im thinkin if i get a swtichable power supply with a slightly higher amp it could solve the freezing on sky movies??

just a thought

i would like to thank all the members here for the help and support to get it up and running

just need to get a booster and i should be sorted

nice little box

1thing i noticed is when i had the 500c plugged into a 4way extension lead it was on a scrambled channel like sky movies but when i plugged in my soldering iron it said no services

so im guessin the power supply is supplying the bare minimum spec

because soldering irons 50w draw alot of current on start up

so im thinkin if i get a swtichable power supply with a slightly higher amp it could solve the freezing on sky movies??

just a thought

iirc there was a post that mentioned that the psu's weren't up to the job and that they were superceded by a beefier one

cheers

ok i got the 8.99 slx booster from argos

seems to have sorted the problem out

my agc = 0 - 10 on every channel i think

and my signal is 94%

so i think im sorted now

cheers guys

Back