who said to**ents were slow lol

krazylegz

Inactive User
Reaction score
never downloaded anythong from to**ents for a while and started ironman off tonight and was pleasently suprised to see it hitting 2.2meg....so i might continue using them and canel my newsgroups;)

screenhunter05may081837es0.jpg

alright m8

m8 i think , no pritty certian that you r downloading a virus of some sort cos the dvd screener has not being released yet . so i wouldent open the file if i was you.

dave

nice speeds though.......

Last edited:
wont be a virus, theres lots of versions of iron man floating around

wont be a virus, theres lots of versions of iron man floating around

well i thort that but it dose say iron man 2008 so i think its the new one

i could be wrong!!!!!!!!!!

dave

check out www.vcdquality.com for legit releases and comments on quality etc

currently only a telesync of Iron Man available

dave - its the 08 version im refering to, theres at least 6 versions about

jfish - nice site but not very up to date - see pic

13th does the best releases i've seen, i've dl many of theirs and all have been spot on and virus free;)

I always get top speed off torrentleech canny wack it

Isn't there something in the news section about fake files being released to catch people out? Using a virus/trojan?

Anyone seriously considering cancelling newsgroup access in favour of torrents really has to be krazy!

It all depends on the torrent, your isp, what port your using and whether on not you've forwarded them on your router (so you get both local and remote peers).

Certainly in general they are no match for newsgroups, and with the likes of Hitnews so cheap, it just depends on how badly you need the file.

It all depends on the torrent, your isp, what port your using and whether on not you've forwarded them on your router (so you get both local and remote peers).

Certainly in general they are no match for newsgroups, and with the likes of Hitnews so cheap, it just depends on how badly you need the file.

Don't get me wrong I still use torrents occasionally but the majority of my downloads are with newsgroups.

if router set up right the torrents dl speed is great downloaded doomsday in 20 mins and many other files in seconds

if router set up right the torrents dl speed is great downloaded doomsday in 20 mins and many other files in seconds

But how many hours uploading to keep up with your ratio?

Anyone seriously considering cancelling newsgroup access in favour of torrents really has to be krazy!

You wouldnt be saying that if you had access to the elite torrent sites...or root boxes...etc ;)

You wouldnt be saying that if you had access to the elite torrent sites...or root boxes...etc ;)

Currently a member of T******Leech, T******Bytes, P**UK, SuperT******s, File***t, Didi***e, A**di, AcidL****e..... just to name a few.

I'm a member of a lot of others as well but I hardly ever use torrents anymore. I don't deny you can get full speed but this usually on the private sites which operate a strict 1:1 ratio system. Hit and run too much and you're gone. Thats what I like about Newsgroups...get everything at full speed and no uploading to do.
I downloaded everything with torrents years ago but since switching to newsgroups I'd never go back.

edit - Not sure if I was allowed to post site names so I did it like this. Can someone please edit if this isn't acceptable.

Last edited:
Currently a member of T******Leech, T******Bytes, P**UK, SuperT******s, File***t, Didi***e, A**di, AcidL****e..... just to name a few.

I'm a member of a lot of others as well but I hardly ever use torrents anymore. I don't deny you can get full speed but this usually on the private sites which operate a strict 1:1 ratio system. Hit and run too much and you're gone. Thats what I like about Newsgroups...get everything at full speed and no uploading to do.
I downloaded everything with torrents years ago but since switching to newsgroups I'd never go back.

edit - Not sure if I was allowed to post site names so I did it like this. Can someone please edit if this isn't acceptable.

I said *elite* torrent sites, none of them are elite ;)

i have 25mbit symetrical so torrenting keeping a ratio is no problem for me!

Newsgroups are good...but its full of idiots who upload crappy encoded stuff i find...

how do i join a newsgroup?? i'm currently using torrents ..this is the first time iv'e hered of news groups. what are they?

Back