Who Doesn't Like Vegetables?

Evastar

Inactive User
Reaction score
My daughter is quite a fussy eater and she hates vegetables. I am kinda hoping that she will grow out of this as she gets older (she's 15 now lol) as i didn't like vegetables as a child myself but i love them now.

So do you eat your veg, is there any one in particular you hate? I have to admit i don't really like cauliflower, unless it's cauliflower cheese, most of the rest are grand. :)

The only veg I am not a huge fan of is aubergine.

Ive always been a fussy eater from a very early age

only Veg I eat is
potatoes just had a major discussion with the wife that potatoes are not part of ya five a day ?
peas
carrots Rarely
runner beans occasional

i dont like vegetables s in part of a main meal on side of a plate, however i can eat carrot, swede etc in a nice soup/broth.

Had chicken n sweetcorn soup the other night but can eat sweetcorn in on a plate lol

Eva why dont you try if your making like of bolognaise or lasagne etc mince/puree the veg and put em in the sauce you make. i bet she dnt know they are in there but likes the sauce. Like me it could be more a mental thing rather than taste.

i dont like vegetables s in part of a main meal on side of a plate, however i can eat carrot, swede etc in a nice soup/broth.

Had chicken n sweetcorn soup the other night but can eat sweetcorn in on a plate lol

Eva why dont you try if your making like of bolognaise or lasagne etc mince/puree the veg and put em in the sauce you make. i bet she dnt know they are in there but likes the sauce. Like me it could be more a mental thing rather than taste.

I always mix veg in with the mince. Being lazy I get ready prep'ed frozen veg from iceland. Normally carrot,sweetcorn, peas, 1kg for a quid.

My daughter is quite a fussy eater and she hates vegetables

I've brought my daughter up since age of 6.She used to eat vegetables - a bit.then she started to really hate them and is violently sick at justa spoonful now.Couple that with becomin a veggie at 9 yr old and its been a nightmare since.Costs me a fortune in Quorn now! Little does she know that in some meals theres some liquidised veg!

Myself - cant stand sprouts(evil) sweed turnip but will eat most others with a roast

The only veg i wont touch are sprouts i detest them, but anything else no problem, favourites garden peas and sweetcorn, broccoli, carrot and turnip, roast parsnips, and asparagus.

I hate any greens!

I only eat carrots and swede, and sweetcorn.

My mum used to force me to eat all veg as a kid, and that put me right off, so now an adult I only eat what I like and nothing else. Vegetables are over rated imo, you can get all you require from other foods or fruit, but thats just me.

Last edited:
I'll go so far as eat potatoes, onions or leeks, I'll eat carrots if they're finely grated. No beans, peas, sweetcorn, cabbage, cauliflower, swede, turnip, broccoli or any others that I can't think of. Oh yeah, I'll eat beetroot too and whilst I remember lettuce. But in the main, that's it.

I know it's not healthy to avoid them, but I'll boak if I have to eat any of them. :sick:

A Little tip for all parents of young children who do not like veg,Is to grow your own in your garden or in a pot if you have no room and make it the childs pet project to water.

That way they actually see the thing growing and become interested in veg/fruit or even herbs

My kids hated veg until they grew it themselves.

As for the Original question I personally do not like aubergine every thing else rocks

I avoid veg whenever I can. Mushy peas from the chippy are ok and I dont mind sweetcorn either.

Mushy peas, not veg, their a lab experiment. Lol.

I'll eat most veg no problem, but I hate parsnips.

As a kid I didn't do veg at all, but these days I look forward to them.

I'll eat most veg no problem, but I hate parsnips.

As a kid I didn't do veg at all, but these days I look forward to them.

Id say you do....;)

sexy20vegetable.jpg

Back