Who Doesn't Like Vegetables?

Evastar

Inactive User
Reaction score
My daughter is quite a fussy eater and she hates vegetables. I am kinda hoping that she will grow out of this as she gets older (she's 15 now lol) as i didn't like vegetables as a child myself but i love them now.

So do you eat your veg, is there any one in particular you hate? I have to admit i don't really like cauliflower, unless it's cauliflower cheese, most of the rest are grand. :)

oneman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
The only veg I am not a huge fan of is aubergine.

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive always been a fussy eater from a very early age

only Veg I eat is
potatoes just had a major discussion with the wife that potatoes are not part of ya five a day ?
peas
carrots Rarely
runner beans occasional

Kruger

Inactive User
Reaction score
i dont like vegetables s in part of a main meal on side of a plate, however i can eat carrot, swede etc in a nice soup/broth.

Had chicken n sweetcorn soup the other night but can eat sweetcorn in on a plate lol

Eva why dont you try if your making like of bolognaise or lasagne etc mince/puree the veg and put em in the sauce you make. i bet she dnt know they are in there but likes the sauce. Like me it could be more a mental thing rather than taste.

oneman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont like vegetables s in part of a main meal on side of a plate, however i can eat carrot, swede etc in a nice soup/broth.

Had chicken n sweetcorn soup the other night but can eat sweetcorn in on a plate lol

Eva why dont you try if your making like of bolognaise or lasagne etc mince/puree the veg and put em in the sauce you make. i bet she dnt know they are in there but likes the sauce. Like me it could be more a mental thing rather than taste.

I always mix veg in with the mince. Being lazy I get ready prep'ed frozen veg from iceland. Normally carrot,sweetcorn, peas, 1kg for a quid.

DrRu62

Inactive User
Reaction score
My daughter is quite a fussy eater and she hates vegetables

I've brought my daughter up since age of 6.She used to eat vegetables - a bit.then she started to really hate them and is violently sick at justa spoonful now.Couple that with becomin a veggie at 9 yr old and its been a nightmare since.Costs me a fortune in Quorn now! Little does she know that in some meals theres some liquidised veg!

Myself - cant stand sprouts(evil) sweed turnip but will eat most others with a roast

Jackel

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
The only veg i wont touch are sprouts i detest them, but anything else no problem, favourites garden peas and sweetcorn, broccoli, carrot and turnip, roast parsnips, and asparagus.

janobi

Janet to us
VIP Member
Reaction score
I hate any greens!

I only eat carrots and swede, and sweetcorn.

My mum used to force me to eat all veg as a kid, and that put me right off, so now an adult I only eat what I like and nothing else. Vegetables are over rated imo, you can get all you require from other foods or fruit, but thats just me.

Last edited:

edds

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll go so far as eat potatoes, onions or leeks, I'll eat carrots if they're finely grated. No beans, peas, sweetcorn, cabbage, cauliflower, swede, turnip, broccoli or any others that I can't think of. Oh yeah, I'll eat beetroot too and whilst I remember lettuce. But in the main, that's it.

I know it's not healthy to avoid them, but I'll boak if I have to eat any of them. :sick:

PollyPhfiller

Inactive User
Reaction score
A Little tip for all parents of young children who do not like veg,Is to grow your own in your garden or in a pot if you have no room and make it the childs pet project to water.

That way they actually see the thing growing and become interested in veg/fruit or even herbs

My kids hated veg until they grew it themselves.

As for the Original question I personally do not like aubergine every thing else rocks

edcase

Inactive User
Reaction score
I avoid veg whenever I can. Mushy peas from the chippy are ok and I dont mind sweetcorn either.

snp-g

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Mushy peas, not veg, their a lab experiment. Lol.

witchy

Banned for good!
Reaction score
I'll eat most veg no problem, but I hate parsnips.

As a kid I didn't do veg at all, but these days I look forward to them.

dogtoffee

DW Regular +
Reaction score
I'll eat most veg no problem, but I hate parsnips.

As a kid I didn't do veg at all, but these days I look forward to them.

Id say you do....;)

sexy20vegetable.jpg

TEST