• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Who commutes by train

Just wondering who commutes to london, or anywhere I guess, and how much it costs you?

doesn't cost me a penny as i work for a train company :) I know of a few people that spend several hundred pounds every month for their rail travel.

Ive also caught a few commuters trying to dodge their fare by either knocking off fake tickets on their printer at home (which looks so blatent!) or by not having a ticket at all.

I do think rail prices are very high though, and it doesn't suprise me that people try and dodge the system, I think I would too if I was in the same situation as some people!

stevemac40

Inactive User
i commute into London from Essex on the C2C line. Costs me about £50/week and to be honest I think I get good value for that as the service is very reliable and the trains are comfortable and air conditioned. I know people that go in on other lines that have archaic trains and are probably twice the price.