Which?

lostsoul

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello guys

Need help figuring out which receiver to buy. I have a dish pointed to hotbird and have a ferguson box but it's functionality seems very limited.

I was wondering if any of you guys could point me to a box which can be used to decrypt all the channels. I was looking at cardsharing and I don't know if that's a viable option. Budget would be around £100.

Any suggestions?

Regards

Hello guys

Need help figuring out which receiver to buy. I have a dish pointed to hotbird and have a ferguson box but it's functionality seems very limited.

I was wondering if any of you guys could point me to a box which can be used to decrypt all the channels. I was looking at cardsharing and I don't know if that's a viable option. Budget would be around £100.

Any suggestions?

Regards

a lot of linuxbox clones out there for under a ton , google is full of them ,..although not sure why you would maintain hotbird orientated when you have astra just 6.2º to the left of it...
good luck

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I will surely look into getting tuned to 19.2. Is it much better than 13.0?

I don't know where to start and so here I am.

Should I go for dreambox or technomate or any other? considering I also want cam installed.

Many thanks

Last edited:
a lot of linuxbox clones out there for under a ton , google is full of them ,..although not sure why you would maintain hotbird orientated when you have astra just 6.2º to the left of it...
good luck

You could also ask, why go for 19.2 when you have Hotbird 6.2 degs to the right!

Given the choice, I'd rather have 13 degs East than 19.2.

I refer to astra 19ºeast. Any linux box ,e.g. dream,etc , can take just about any cam you want ,always taking into account that if you´re interested in sats then make sure its -S ,if it´s cable then -C ,if it´s terrestrial then -T..
there are so many types of cam ,it´s only a matter of finding exactly what you want ,applying it and configuring it to your needs..all of this can be found on the net,although at first it seems all "mumblejumble" you´ll soon realise what a wonderful investment you made..
with linux boxes ,I haven´t found any limit of channels (radio or tv).
I use a motor to direct the 110cms dish from 28ºE -30ºW .
hope this helps a little..
regards
PS: W got in before I posted , of course it´s a personal choice whether one sat suits you more than the other.
Living in Spain and understanding Spanish is my reason ..
cheers

Last edited:
Thanks cazuela.

Say dm500s serves my purpose? as it's just under £60. Or should I go for a more superior model?

hi lostsoul , if it´s viewing "normal" channels with a limit of £100,then you can´t really go wrong with a dm500s ,they are primarily used for c/s but you can also add a softk*ys list .
But with HD now a main attraction and bearing in mind that more and more platforms are adding these HD channels ,it´s worth reading up exactly what it is you want.
As I say ,these lines are just my humble opinion,,,you really do need to read up about everything involved,,
regards

So how are you doing LOSTSOUL ???? have you got up and running yet????
let us know...
caz woz here ;)

Back