Which Wall Is Mine ?

nilrem

Inactive User
Reaction score
Quick one chaps I need to know which garden wall is mine left or right ?

I have googled it and it comes up with mixed answers does anyone know for definate or do I need to get hold of the deeds ?

Cheers

the one with ythe supports in your garden is your wall m8

Looking towards your home from the front it will be on the right. However this is not set in stone and can be different if deeds show otherwise, which most dont.

Looking towards your home from the front it will be on the right. However this is not set in stone and can be different if deeds show otherwise, which most dont.

This is the correct answer to your Q and it does all come down to what the deeds and plans show and say in the end.

I was always told that as you stand looking out your door it's on the right ? LOL

That would confirm my belief in that it's the left as you look at your house from the front.

You see what I mean about mixed responses , I've looked in to it further and even the deeds won't help as they are only relevant at the time of building the house and any agreements made between neighbours after that supersede it.

Time to invite the neighbour round for a cup of tea me thinks

Cheers

Was dutcho looking out the back door or the front door?

Sounds like one of those questions you used to get in school " Two trains are travelling towards each other, one at 30mph the other at 60........" :)

well u mention ure gonna get the neighbour over for tea...i suggest what ever agreement you have u get it in writing as going forward u'll never know when you need it...say u both agree that the wall to the right of ure house as ure looking at the front door is ure responsibility - in future if you ever were to do anthing to the wall u may get the neighbour complaining so this written proof will come in handy....i'm tellin' u this from expeirence - better safe than sorry

None of the walls are just yours unless specifically stated in your deeds, or unless you built it yourself on your side of the boundary. They are probably party walls and in all these cases its best to agree with neighbours if either intends doing anything.

Thanks for all the responses chaps some made for funny reading

Cheers

Go to the council and they will tell you what boundary you are responsible for.
The wall could be on your boundary but built by your neighbour (which they would be allowed to do).
If your house is next to a footpath, it might belong to the council.
Don't assume what is your's. Check it for sure.

the answer is simple - remove the wall and make into a barbeque - if you dont get arrested the wall was yours

Back