Other Which usenet provider 2016?

T4i

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey all - I've just got back into computers after having a nice 5 break.

I'm getting back into everything with a new computer etc, previously I quite enjoyed the freedom of usenet, but now everything I want seems to be incomplete. I've done the usual research and it appears people cant talk about which usenet providers work as it gives the bacon an easy time to clamp on the un-discovered usenet providers.

Can anyone PM me with some recommendations? I've tried both Astranews and Usenetbucket without success.

Cheers DWZ.

For TV episodes I use newsdem*n + sickbeard. Have my Pi running 24x7 and it picks up 99% of the stuff fine. For anything else, just got back into using torrents again.

It depends much on stuff you wish to download. I use Usenet since many years and am a member of 2 usenet providers at the same time. The one with longer data retention to get older files and the second one with better peers amount to be able to download the newest stuff before it will be deleted from the servers. You can start and check few providers here with a nice overview of plans and features.

I used newsdemXn with free Vpn but they kept sending me emails about using torrents through american servers lol:hubbahubba:

The best 1 ive come across so far and been using them for a while is XSusenet..
pritty much everything ive wanted has been there and cost aint bad too...:Cheers:

hacked Giganews - too pricey otherwise, but solid

I use Newsdemon, been reliable for last year or two i been with them and also have a VPN service which i started using last month so i access a few things when working in China.

I use Newsleecher server (same name as the program and you get a newsleecher program license and supersearch included in the £7 p/m fee).

I get every TV show I want without any problems, I use sabnzbd for automatically downloading the Tv shows overnight.

I don't use VPN (dont see the point unless you use torrents) I don't use SSL (aagain don't see the point). I've been using newsgroups since 14,400 dialup days so have used a few servers over the years, giganews, astraweb, newsdemon, supernews, usenetserver, newshosting, easynews, thundernews, even virgins/ntl/cable & wireless own servers.

I find newsleecher server the best so far.

I download around 3tb per month between music, TV shows, comics and magazines. No problems.

Any updates?

Astraweb and PayPal have fallen out, and cancelled my subscription so I'm looking for a new Usenet provider (or sign up again with a new payment method for $8 a month)

Newsdemon is my front runner atm @ £7 a month with SlickVPN included in the deal (50ssl connections and upto 5 simultaneous VPN connections from 2 IPs)

Unless you have a better plan or magic code for me?

Use the same, newsdemon with the VPN but upgraded it to allow all locations not just the core ones.
For TV sonarr

Reactions: msn
Use the same, newsdemon with the VPN but upgraded it to allow all locations not just the core ones.
For TV sonarr

What sort of speeds are you getting from Slick using OpenVPN?

Can I ask, why use a vpn? Surly ssl will do the job as the data is encrypted meaning no one knows what you are downloading. A vpn will slow the connection won’t it?

Thanks

Slick's been a bit pants for me so far tbqh
It tells me it can't login to most of the nodes I've tried

For the newsgroups I use an ssl connection so as stated a VPN isn't really necessary imo
I wanted the VPN for other things like circumventing geo blocks really

I think there's a few slightly better deals out there than the one I'm on with demon, with a VPN thrown in but you have to buy a year's worth up front to get the deal btw (rather than the monthly deal I'm on atm with demon).

Reactions: msn
I use giganews which has different tariffs depending on what package you need. Have VPN facilities but I dont use them as I use ssl.

Sorry forgot to add, they have been reliable for me never down and easy use to use online account.

Forgot all about this.

I've been using bucket and PIA. Full speed on my 80/20 connection.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Just a quick update as ....
Newsdemon are doing a deal for $3 a month atm!!!!
Newsdemon News | NewsDemon Usenet Newsgroups

And sadly NZBs(dot)org are closing this week :(
A few indexers have opened up for new signups via referral links on their forum so if you've not got backup indexers now's the time as I think they're shutting it down on the 17th.

Back