Which tv should i get

im no expert on LCD's m8 but i'd go for the samsung everytime,ive seen a couple of sonys that my mates have and the pic quality dosnt even come close to the samsungs
but like i say, im no expert

Personally i prefer plasma to lcd, but one thing i would say is that Costco giv a 3year warranty with their Samsungs. Not sure if its all screens or just the samsungs. You would need a vard to be able to buy anything from there tho

anything over 32" go plasma, thats what richer sounds said to me

I would say anything over 37" go Plasma, but LCD's are almost on a par with Plasma on image response and blacks now;)

Out of those two, I would just toss a coin:)

Personally I would go for the Sony and I would only buy Tv's etc from John Lewis as you get a FREE 5yr Guarantee unlike Curry's, Comet (crap had to take them to court to get my money back on a knackered TV (I won)) In the Newcastle area would also use Fenwick,I believe they also have a shop down the smoke again FREE 5yr Guarantee and interest free option.

got a sammy 50" plasma tv from currys, picture is pin sharp...

dunno about lcd, but plasma wins it for me m8.

Id also go with the sony lcd mate.When i was shopping around for mine it seemed like all the salemen had different opinions but i didnt like the fact with plasma that they may need re gassed after xxxx amount of hours not sure if thats still the case now but was when i was looking .ive got a 42in toshiba lcd and 32 in philips lcd and had no problems with either.

Cheers guys for all your replys :) Im defo getting LCD but want too ask one more question,is it worth forking out a bit extra for the 1080p LCD at the mo cuz i know they dont broadcast it at the mo,this is the first LCD that caught my eye,loads cheaper but not 1080p but ive seen the tv in the shop and it looks a lovely set........

http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/sto...duct&fm=12&sm=0&tm=0&sku=036733&category_oid=

Id also go with the sony lcd mate.When i was shopping around for mine it seemed like all the salemen had different opinions but i didnt like the fact with plasma that they may need re gassed after xxxx amount of hours not sure if thats still the case now but was when i was looking .ive got a 42in toshiba lcd and 32 in philips lcd and had no problems with either.

Regassing of Plasmas is an urban myth mate, its never had to be done

Zoo I would say no, at 37" your eyes will not see the benefit only the shop will.

1080p on anything less than a 46" is a waste of money! 1080P comes into its own on very large screens only!

Its physically impossible for your eyes to see the extra detail and that goes for everyone's eyes, anyone tells you different is bullshitting!

I went for the samsung 1080p wohooooooooooooo wat a tv,thanks for all the replys guys :Cheers::Cheers: Heres a pic of it :proud::proud:

very nice Zoo m8 :)

I can see Kate dusting that smoked glass daily lol (shows up the dust)

really nice though m8

Back