Which technomate to buy?

thevman2k5

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi All. Im after a satelite system that will give me loadz of sports channels and movies. especially prem 3pm kick offs.

However, one thing is that this wil be connected to my hd projector onto my 100" screen :proud:

I want it to acheive the best quality possible. Could someone please recommend a system.
Thank you all.

Have a nice day

There are so many variations of stuff to buy it really depends on how much you want to spend and how technical you are.

You could buy a fixed dish and a basic TM reciever which, with the right software patch applied to the box, will give you some choice, or you could go for the full monty - motorised dish- linux box - hd - offical cards or cams or card sharing.

Whatever you decide nothing is really "plug and play" as encryption systems change - cams and cards become obsolete - its a case of upgrading when the need arises!!!

My personal advice would be to definately get a 1m dish with a motor to give yourself a fighting chance - the basic TM models will allow you to control the dish and use cards and cams - the HD versions will give you the picture quality you want but obviously the receivers are more expensive!!

Last edited:
money isnt really an issue. :)

but yea the hd technomate or dfreambox or others, that is the question.

also what is the difference betweem gettint 1m and 1.5m

Bigger dish = better signal and more channels :)

anything over 1.1M youre meant to get planning permission for, if you want ease of use then id say go for the technomate as its very user friendly, a dreambox will do a lot more, especially if connected to a network (thats the main feature of them for extras) but is a very steep learning curve

hi im thinking of getting the 6900 with a 1 metre. is there any way i can find the channel listings.

im really excited, will i recieve hd football

lyngsat.com will give you a list of channels/packages on each satellite - it will also show you how big a dish you need for each so you should be able to see whats available to you on a 1m dish!!

As for HD football - im pretty sure the conax packages on 1w show HD stuff druing the premiership season and there may well be others!! For conax though you would need a diablo cam or official card. Best to hold off until the start of the season and see whats working then rather than take a chance now and end up with something thats not suitable!!

Back