which sat box to get?

Which sat box to get?

• TM 800 HD

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • DM 800 HD CLONE

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • SPIDER BOX 9000HD

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Other sat box in the region of £250 max!

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters

sargie

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Right i was set on a tm800 but then someone said about a dm800 clone from a uk dealer and ive heard good things about the spider box. So ill stick a poll up and any feedback would be good.

How about a SKYBOX S9 HD PVR receiver for around £110.00 does cccam support is on the up worth a punt at this price!!!!!!

if you dont want linux, get the spider, if you want linux, id recommend against a clone m8

i wouldnt get the dm800 clone. too many problems just recently the tuner died on my mates.

How about a SKYBOX S9 HD PVR receiver for around £110.00 does cccam support is on the up worth a punt at this price!!!!!!

Wow they are cheap do you know much about them?

EDIT: Looking at the box looks remarkably like a spider/mvision box lol.

Last edited:
if you dont want linux, get the spider, if you want linux, id recommend against a clone m8

You have tried a spider havnt you are they good? I wanted to get a twin tuner but my budget just is not gonna stretch to it.

I'm going to post only negatives as I cant post a positive about spider as I don't have one and don't wanna look like I'm slating it

the TM800 isn't 100% ready as yet....wifi,recording not working

the spiderbox Ive read mixed comments on the cccam,so best having a read on that Sargie

Wow they are cheap do you know much about them?

EDIT: Looking at the box looks remarkably like a spider/mvision box lol.

There even cheaper here and swanside has said they are running cccam fine with no issues here think i'm gonna take a punt on one next week when I get paid but they are so cheap (£79.23 delivered) it makes me suspicious and makes me think somethings up !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
There even cheaper here and swanside has said they are running cccam fine with no issues here think i'm gonna take a punt on one next week when I get paid but they are so cheap (£79.23 delivered) it makes me suspicious and makes me think somethings up !!!

Reading around theres not much support for em m8.

I think this price is because the dollar is so weak at the moment! might get my self one of these at that price LOL

Reading around theres not much support for em m8.

The last firmware was on the 8th Aug 2010 which is working fine by all accounts.

I think this price is because the dollar is so weak at the moment! might get my self one of these at that price LOL

The last firmware was on the 8th Aug 2010 which is working fine by all accounts.

aha thats interesting thing is though would they get much support in the future. I had untill today a cube revo mini which i have now sold it is an excellent box with great support however i wanted to upgrade to a twin tuner such as the vu+duo.

Unfortunatly due to the rear drivers side leaf spring snapping on the wifes serena i now have a much smaller budget. I know that no linux box on the market is without issues or any standard box for that matter but as long as i don't end up with a pants box ill be happy.

Id also ofc like one that is ofc WIFE friendly as she is the one who uses it most.

If the DM800 clone was guaranteed to be glitch free then I'd go for one.

Best images, superb support, overall a great machine - IF you get one that works.

Going by recent reports, it's looking like the DM800 issues are finally being sorted. I'm tempted.

Spiderbox is nice and easy to use and works very well, ignore the 'gift', it's a load of bollox, media playback was hit or miss on the Spiderbox, most Divx refused to play and x264 didn't work at all.

TM800, really nice but has yet to prove itself, one to watch.

If you want a twin tuner box there is only one choice save up for a vu+duo you wont be disappointed the best box that i have ever owned!

If the DM800 clone was guaranteed to be glitch free then I'd go for one.

Best images, superb support, overall a great machine - IF you get one that works.

Going by recent reports, it's looking like the DM800 issues are finally being sorted. I'm tempted.

Spiderbox is nice and easy to use and works very well, ignore the 'gift', it's a load of bollox, media playback was hit or miss on the Spiderbox, most Divx refused to play and x264 didn't work at all.

TM800, really nice but has yet to prove itself, one to watch.

The guy i was speaking said as long as i order from the uk i can always return the clone if it was pants.

I must admit im very tempted with the tm 800, i own a tm 500 and if the tm 800 is anywere near as stable as that id be very happy.

I must admit im very tempted with the tm 800, i own a tm 500 and if the tm 800 is anywere near as stable as that id be very happy.

IMO the TM800 is rock solid, I honestly cannot remember the last time it green screened on me - Green Screen is same as a BSOD, lol.

The hardware is excellent we just need the software to match it.

Have you ever used a sat box that ran cooler than the room it's in? It's quite bizzare. :)

IMO the TM800 is rock solid, I honestly cannot remember the last time it green screened on me - Green Screen is same as a BSOD, lol.

The hardware is excellent we just need the software to match it.

Have you ever used a sat box that ran cooler than the room it's in? It's quite bizzare. :)

LOL no they usualy run quite a bit warmer :)

As much as the TM800 software isnt finished, it is a nice box.

Iron out the few issues:

EPG data stored on HD or USB stick
Time sync
Play media files
Recording

It will be tops!

I have just took the dive and got the SKYbox hd. I have limited knowledge os linux boxes and currently use a dm500s.

I will only use the box for watching and would like HD, not too fussed about other things, maybe epg.

Will try and give a basic update when I receive the box.

well ive taken the plunge and ordered a tm800 hd.

It was a tough choice tbh. I didn't want to shell out £200 on a dm 800 hd to only find i have problems. The spider box sounded simple to use but i would not have linux and i think darkman is a tit. The skybox is just too unknown for me to take the plunge on it.

I may live to regret my descision but ho hum lol.

well ive taken the plunge and ordered a tm800 hd.
I may live to regret my descision but ho hum lol.

We are due a major firmware release, actually it's overdue, so by the time your box arrives the image may be released.

Back