Votes: 22 16.9%
  • Windows Vista 64

Votes: 14 10.8%
  • Linux

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • Other OS

Votes: 6 4.6%

• Total voters
Vista and Server 2008 are actually based on the same NT6 Kernel.

2008 is lovelly, I really enjoyed using it but I had a few issues with my Wireless so I dropped it, shame though as I really did like it and it was lightening fast.

Any major issues? I could do with a major speed upgrade.

There is information on the net of how to turn Server 2008 into a super-desktop OS.

Currently I reckon XP Indego 10.1 is the fastest OS out there, it loads the entire OS into RAM, it completely does away with Paging, it's not a stripped down version of XP, it's the full OS.

Absolute minimum is 512MB of Ram, but it's worth it.

I had a quick read up of XP Indego 10 but it seems to be buggy. Thanks for the suggestions anyway.

I had a quick read up of XP Indego 10 but it seems to be buggy. Thanks for the suggestions anyway.

Not found a single bug yet mate, what are these bugs exactly?

Superb OS if you ask me. :)

there is a copy o fvista 64 bit floating around that has shit loads of drivers in and no need for keys etc with all teh bells and whistles ;)

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Fastest Os i've used so far is Leopard, using it on a dell pc (hackintosh).

I'd have to agree with the Mac stuff. I have an old G3 ibook with Panther that is much faster than my swanky new Thinkpad with under half of the power. I dont fancy Mac on my desktop though as I run a fair amount of windows only software.

Witchy is XP Indego 10 available on newgroups?

Disk 1 - XP Pro

Disk 2 - Vista Ultimate

Disk 3 - Ubuntu

Disk 4/5 - Data

I'd go with Ubuntu though, I'm leaning more and more to switching to it full time.

Disk 1 - XP Pro

Disk 2 - Vista Ultimate

Disk 3 - Ubuntu

Disk 4/5 - Data

I'd go with Ubuntu though, I'm leaning more and more to switching to it full time.

nah prefer KDE, so i use vista business and Kunbuntu on my lappy.

Go for a dual boot Mac, with boot camp. Mac osX performs much quicker than any windows os, especially for video encoding.

Go for a dual boot Mac, with boot camp. Mac osX performs much quicker than any windows os, especially for video encoding.
but thats about it...

All due respect to Macs etc, but they are just fashion accessories - it speaks volumes that you advise to use bootcamp in order to run Windows..

use xp on my pc which i just download on and vista ultimate on laptop

Xp pro on both desktops

xp home on the lappy

^^^^^ best behaviour now theres the future mother in law in lol pmsl

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Have got Vista Ultimate on my desktop at mo but am getting a new setup this week & going to try out Windows Xp Sp3 5508 Reloaded Glass to see what it is like.

Back