Which is the image of choice for 500C

GaryM

Inactive User
Reaction score
I'm just wondering which image I should use for a 500C and why.
I know the general consensus is try them all and see which you like but what are the main differences?
Is any particular one preferred for any reason? Is it mostly cosmetics?
I'd like a full and precise EPG (if possible) and the ability to use my PC or NAS over network to recorded programs.

I believe (according one of Devilfish's guides) that the latest to choose from are:

DigitalWorldz DreamTeam UK 1.61
Gemini 3.40
DIORJ v0.6
Neutrino Dream Plus Ultra 0.9b

Thanks for any guidance on this :)

gemini 3.4 won't give epg on infobar unless your ex c&w but has many bells and whistles as does the pli image.

if your from a dbox background then Neutrino Dream Plus Ultra 0.9b being neutrino will make you feel at home, from recent posts an update is imminent.

diorj 0.6 is enigma and a very popular image.

dw 1.6.1 is also enigma and according to rats signature is also getting an update.

they are all solid images so it's really a good idea to try them one at a time to find the one that suits you best, they all have the ability to use your PC or NAS over network to recorded programs.

gemini 3.4 won't give epg on infobar unless your ex c&w but has many bells and whistles as does the pli image.

Infobar being the bar that shows a 5 seconds or so when a channel is changed? If so then that's something I'm used to with the current Eurovox Max I have and past Sky digital. I'm pretty sure that I am ex C+W (used to be Nynex, then C+W? followed by NTL).

if your from a dbox background then Neutrino Dream Plus Ultra 0.9b being neutrino will make you feel at home, from recent posts an update is imminent.

diorj 0.6 is enigma and a very popular image.

dw 1.6.1 is also enigma and according to rats signature is also getting an update.

they are all solid images so it's really a good idea to try them one at a time to find the one that suits you best, they all have the ability to use your PC or NAS over network to recorded programs.

Many thanks indeed, much appreciated.

dw1.6 so far for me is the most stable one.

dw1.6 so far for me is the most stable one.

Is it correct that I can use either Dreamup, FlashWizardPro or DCC to flash the DW 1.6 / 1.61 image (IMG).

Sorry for all the questions :)

The image file might be too large to flash using FWP.

This is the way I flash...

Using an ftp client, copy the image to the /tmp folder on the dreambox.

Telnet to the box and paste this command...

cd /tmp && eraseall /dev/mtd/3 && cp DW.img /dev/mtd/3 && reboot

(make sure the image file is called DW.img before pasting command)

Leave the box to reboot and that's it. :)

Many thanks again Devilfish.
About Telnet, I assume I need a Telnet client? Or is there one built into XP SP2?
There's plenty available via searching on Google though.

FTP isn't a problem as I have a copy of CuteFTP.

[EDIT] Just noticed that Telnet is available from the RUN command :)

Last edited:
Sorry, meant to mention that...

START > RUN > telnet ip.address.of.dreambox

Username: root
Password: dreambox

i am from a dbox background i like the Neutrino Dream Plus Ultra 0.9b being neutrino will make me feel at home and it is being up date all the time.

The image file might be too large to flash using FWP.

This is the way I flash...

Using an ftp client, copy the image to the /tmp folder on the dreambox.

Telnet to the box and paste this command...

cd /tmp && eraseall /dev/mtd/3 && cp DW.img /dev/mtd/3 && reboot

(make sure the image file is called DW.img before pasting command)

Leave the box to reboot and that's it. :)

Sorry, one last question!

Using the above, which connection method should I be using? Null modem cable or via ethernet after I've set up a static IP address, subnet and gateway on the 500C?

hi just tried two new images this past two weeks both seem to freeze for a few seconds every now and then there are gemini 3.40 and gemini 3.30 enigma 1.61 was ok before these two images but time by time i had a little freezing on 1.61 to any ideas if DIORJ 0.6 16-12-06 would be better for me and is there a freezing issue with this image thanks to any one who can help on this

I'm still using UK05!

Time for a change maybe? lol

Crazy

Is that got the losing all channels after restarting ?? also what do i need to do if to transfer my service files from dbox to this image ??

Is that got the losing all channels after restarting ?? also what do i need to do if to transfer my service files from dbox to this image ??

It freezes every now and again but I've never lost the channels. I only have the sports/movies I deleted the rest as I have a TVdrive for the 'subscribed channels'

Crazy

Back