which is the best p2p/torrent downloading programs?

snoopy89

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi there evry1. over the past few months ive tried various p2p and torrent clients and found that for me limewire pro and bitcomet are very good. howver i still dont seem to get good download speeds espaecailly when it comes to bitcomet even while im on a 2mb line.. i was wondering if anyone could suggest better programs to use for downloading instead..

Its not just the client you use .
Do you use a router ?
Have you configured port forwarding ?
What service provider are you with ? Some isps throttle certain ports which would cause poor results .

Then the next question is where are you downloading from ?
Some closed groups provide great speeds .
General googled torrent sites are not always the best places to go , just because a torrent has say 10-20 seeders doent mean you are going to get good speeds .

i use limewire pro on a 2mb line with the lime wire patch accellerater and get speeds of up too 108 if you want info pm me

Limewire PRO for P2P and Azureus for my BitTorrent downloads.

rock said:
Limewire PRO for P2P and Azureus for my BitTorrent downloads.

Technically, torrents are P2P. I reccomend BitComet for torrents.

I use limewire pro and find it the best for what I need. also get a great speed sometimes upto 120.

Just got into mIRC ( bots and trigers ) , coooooool stuff and realy good kb speed

Cheers Garry

snoopy89 said:
hi there evry1. over the past few months ive tried various p2p and torrent clients and found that for me limewire pro and bitcomet are very good. howver i still dont seem to get good download speeds espaecailly when it comes to bitcomet even while im on a 2mb line.. i was wondering if anyone could suggest better programs to use for downloading instead..
In a nutshell, Newsgroups
thats all I use these days, coz torrents are far too slow imo.
Newsgroups max out any connection not like the varied speeds you would get on torrents.
Search about and find a good newsgroup, some are free but the best are for a small monthly fee.

ne recommendations for newsgroups?

hi peeps

give me some more info on newsgroups???

Cheers Garry????????

i use ares for singles downloads for my mp3 in the car you can download it from cnet downloads i have 1mb broadband and i get over this i use torrents like yourself for films but use the azeureus program instead of bitcomrt getting over 1mb once again hope this helps

Torrents are cool , and mIrc is more in your face till you sus it out , lol any good chanells you can give me GARRY

I use bitcomet and have had speeds of up to 170 KB per second on one torrent alone. Depending on the number of torrents I am downloading, I am normally downloading at a combined rate of about 221 KB per second.

But I suspect this is more to do with the line than the bittorrent client. Btw, my line is 2 meg.

I have noticed that if you limit your maximum allowed upload speed to about 13 KB per second, you get better download speeds overall. Any one else noticed that?

i lower my upload limit to 3k/s LOL, dont call me a leech, just a cautious sharer :)

Back