which is the best modem to hack easily?

I think you'll find its the 250 mate

sure if u dont mind loosing a few hair on the 1st one after that its extrmely ez, depends which area ur (pure ntl/tw) a motorola 41/4200i can be quite ez if it doesnt have lock firmware all u would need is ethernet cable and away u go but a 250 is way cheaper

i think the 250s are the easiest m8 there straight forward if u follow the tutorial properly

surfboard 4200 or 4200e depending on area cost more but much easier, but on ntl modems 250 easy the 200s are tempramental to say least had 2 just die 4 no reason but 250's are better both looks and performance

250 as you don't have to solder and to change mac you do it with mac changer thru ethernet, no need to change ip settings or disconnect the feed

i thought the 3100 + 4200's were pretty easy if you have the tut to hand

4100i, 4200i, 4100e or 4200e, if you live in TW or Pure N*L.

If you ive in EXCW, the 4100e or 4200e

With the 4XXX model Moto's you normaly wont even need to open them just connect your ethernet lead, providing you don't get one with locked firmware. If you are unlucky enough to buy a locked model then you will need to use either a Max232/233 or a Blackcat cable.

For more info click the link in my signature and download the Haynes in PDF format.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just looking at fleabay and found a SB4200 with splitter and cables. Is it necessary to keep a subbed modem online in the same way you keep subbed stb online?

Sorry forgot the link.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330098218725&fromMakeTrack=true
ooch thats a bit pricesy for a fraction of that u can get a ntl250 and a jtag and feel much better with ur self knowing u did it and help is always here if u ever need it and no u dont have to have subbed on line .

So what you are really saying is that this seller selling the splitter and cables with modem doesn't really know what he is doing? BTW GENTLEX thanks for answering so many of my dumb questions.

nah m8 the seller knows xxactly what he is do in and how much profit he going to make what im saying is that u dont have to get that unless money isnt an issue and ur not technically incline if u want a bit of a challenge want to safe some money with it get the 250

ps. i was once dump 2

Back