Which Freeview box is best ? And is it worth buying one ?

dgc808

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all, I have currently got cable tv, phone, broadband from Virgin Media. I have recently lost Sky One and other channels due to the fighting between Virgin and Sky. I do not want to pay Virgin for even less channels, so i was thinking of getting a Freeview box and wonderded which is the best and wether to bother getting one if more Freeview channels are due to go off.

Any feedback on types of boxes greatly received.

Cheers DGC808

i dont know the best box, but to add my view i think you are best sticking with virgin and making use of downloads/vod, freeview will be a backwards step. Since freeview may soon lose channels & if you want sky news & sky3 then maybe you could get a freesat system? I really believe those that leave virgin now will end up going back as they will use their spare cash to buy tv rights directly, ie. why will someone want sky1 if all the good stuff is on virgin central lol.
Just my opinion, i'm sure others will have different views.

A good freeview box to get is the Wharfedale DV832B Set Top Box. from argos. Only £35. I looked up a few forums about a year ago and it was given a good recomendation. Works well even in weak signal areas

The best freeview software i've ever seen is from the bush/goodmans boxes, they have really amazing software.

If you've already got cable tv i doubt you'll need freeview because sky 1 isnt on freeview or TUTV anyway.

Back