Which Box????

tbone

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have a choice of either a older samsung or a newer vbox which one should i have or are they both the same? Cheers

if its silver they are both samsung. there are 2 types of samsung the larger and easyer to mod alround is the 2100. then the smaller 2110 which can only be done using a paired card.

I have a choice of either a older samsung or a newer vbox which one should i have or are they both the same? Cheers
Depends which model the newer "vbox" is, I'm guessing it maybe the 2110. If so then definitely the older sammy 2100. These are jtaggable and the 2110 isn't.

Chookey

Depends which model the newer "vbox" is, I'm guessing it maybe the 2110. If so then definitely the older sammy 2100. These are jtaggable and the 2110 isn't.

Chookey

Its a 2110c i have the ird and bkey though so should i go for this one?

if you have the bk for the 2110 then go for it just cut talkback set your net id pin and away you go

if you have the bk for the 2110 then go for it just cut talkback set your net id pin and away you go

Yes thats already done m8 and they're both up and running just wanted to know which ones better to keep, i have bk and ird for both of em.

well if there up and running then keep the 2110 nice little stb but make sure you write the bk down under the lid or bottom of stb in case your card gets zapped if you using a mosc as for 2100 you can get bk with jtag so ain't a problem

Ok thanks for that ill keep the vbox then.

Ok thanks for that ill keep the vbox then.
I would have went for the 2100 myself.
Quite some time ago we were sending macros to the 4010/4000 and 2100 to enable movies. This was an error by VM but wasn't resolved for quite some time.
If anything similar happens in the future then there is nothing that could be done as far as the 2110 stands.

Just a personal opinion but I would sooner have a box I can "communicate" with.

Chookey

If the card ever gets hit could i sort the 2110 with a funcard?

if you have done the 2110 b4 then this is ok but if you have not stick to 2100 you can always jtag if you fook the card

hi me personally i would go for the 2100c its a more stable box than the 2110c ,2110c can have a problem with power supplys easy to sort but then who needs hassel also i seen more faulty 2110cs that are not power supply problem like error 2 seems to be a commen one which no one seems to have come up with a solution for yet and i dont think i ever seen a faulty 2100c yet if it just looks then go for the 2110c though i would still go for 2100c myself my opinon only though

As long as i can do a funcard if the mosc gets hit for the 2110c then i think ill take the chance seems to be working well.

Back