which box to get?

Sal

Inactive User
Reaction score
i'm new to this but having spent the last 24 hours reading up, i'm itching to order a box - preferred at the moment is the dreambox 500c - but should I be patient and wait for the 600pvr to come out or is there a better system to buy?

don't want to spend over £200

i'm new to this but having spent the last 24 hours reading up, i'm itching to order a box - preferred at the moment is the dreambox 500c - but should I be patient and wait for the 600pvr to come out or is there a better system to buy?

don't want to spend over £200

I would go for the 500c there is loads of support on the forum for this box and it's a good place to start , the 600 is close to release but has no support as its so new plus if you want a 600 with a decent size hardrive in it it will cost you about £260 ish

Cheers

thanks for that - 500c it is - do you know if it'll work with virg*n media. I have a line in but can only get terrestrial channels 1 to 5 from it - tried a freeview box with it but that doesn't work. Does that mean I have a feed or will I need a base package?

thanks for that - 500c it is - do you know if it'll work with virg*n media. I have a line in but can only get terrestrial channels 1 to 5 from it - tried a freeview box with it but that doesn't work. Does that mean I have a feed or will I need a base package?

500c will work ya, i suggest you get it from DVB, look in dreambox section about discount from DVB

Ordered - being delivered Thursday hopefully. Could you guide me to a real idiots guide for newbies. I'm a fast learner but need a steer.

Sal - i have just made the same decision and got my dreambox, had a couple of days on here going through guides and have managed to flash the box with dreamup and now gonna tackle flashwizard pro, but really mate its superb once you get in to it, i've had more images on my dreambox than beckham has had different haricuts.

: colors1

nice one - gonna treat the missus to a good book or two and see her in a week - lol

eurovox for reliability, dreambox for features.

Back