which box is the best for free tv on virgin network

kelly182237

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all i have virgin media in i am only paying for the basic virgin channels it is a hd box i have which box is the best to get all channels (free) sky sports films

4 posts and this is what you post. Please read the stickies in the various forums, I am pretty sure it will answer your questions.

no need to be harsh lol

You can not get free channels on virgin anymore kelly162237 there is no such thing as a hackable virgin box Im afraid you can only get what you pay for.

All this stopped a long time ago maybe you should look in the SAT section you can save a few quid but still nothing is for free anymore im affraid.

Look in the Kryptview section as Ive heard rumours this picks up channels ;)

Look in the Kryptview section as Ive heard rumours this picks up channels ;)

Ah yeh sorry forgot about that, might have a look my self and see if the channel list is still growing :mad:)

Rat your always on the ball kidda lol

i would be very wary of starview boxes now as the goalposts have moved,you buy the box plus you have to buy a sub to view,a dangerous thing,also the ddigital duo coming back,would also expect a payview box and to be followed by thr hd combo.

the kv780 is good.:licka:

Yeh I was looking at the Kv780 thing that puts me off though is the constant connection to a modem (if thats right) I have to do some reading.

Thing is I have 3 sub sly HD boxes so really dont need another service just might enjoy having a mess about though. lol

most boxes out now have a lan port for box to work,only the providers box dont need it because they have their cards.

you wont beat sky hd for picture quality much better than cable and with sky anytime you can have it on your pc aswell

Last edited:
most boxes out now have a lan port for box to work,only the providers box dont need it because they have their cards.

you wont beat sky hd for picture quality much better than cable and with sky anytime you can have it on your pc aswell

Yeh I know I had a TM600 used it as a client for about a month but was glitchy as hell ended up in the cupboard with all me other junk might get it back out and have a play lol

imo the only cable reciever to get is kv and even they have problems.... dont go near sv.

Id go sat if its possible, otherwise KV

i have both cable and a sky dish on wall each of them signalised,just never been too clever with starview,had 2 max v:s before they went pear shaped,miss them so much as i was able to get a fix where things happened by themselves,but as i say never been too clever trying to get starview h:d + set up,will just keep reading on picking up titbits along the way,as i have only been on an hour or so and i"m liking what i read thanks

Well I did get my TM600 back out and thanks to cubase giving a hand its running smooth as a babys bum. If I was you hillytops I would buy ya self a DM500s for £55 including postage and get ya sky dish up and running.

Back