Which 4 what?..& fitting HDD on ps2

pe+000+pe

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,
I h've got an old ps2 with a laser problem,but instead of trying to fix i would like to mod it and also would like to fit a HDD,do not want to use cd try anymore but play games straight from HDD..i have been looking around for a chip..honestly the more i read..further confused i got...too many and every1 is singing the praise of their products...any impartial advice will be much appreciated...

I also would like to know how I can go about fitting HDD to motherboard...does it involved any soldering??if so is't possible to have a diagram please??
....:THANKS:

Forgot to say i think you need to boot up the harddrive with a cd or modchip so if your lazer is totally shot you will need a chip that supports hdd loading

i have been running my games from harddrive for quite a while.

u need to get hdloader..... either the disk version or the memory card exploit.... they both require the laser to be working though....... if u use memory card exploit, then u need to use a ps1 game to boot the exploit from memory card

you can install games on the harddrive by using the original disk in the ps2....... or put the harddrive in your pc and copy over the game using an iso

my playstation was lying under my bed for 3years because the laser wouldnt load any games......

i opened it up...... cleaned the laser....... and it has been working ever since

it might be worth giving it ago...... u can find instructions for your particular model using google

hope this helps

I use the DMS4 pro with toxic os and it works a treat, as well as being able to install originals you and also put your backups onto the hdd, they are working on alowing you to put ps1 game on there as well, if your laser is shot then its the best way to go, what version ps2 have you got?

I use a maxtor 120GB hdd with my PS2 - works a treat.

Back