Whey Protein

beany_123456

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

i need help, i would like to buy some protein whey (choc flavour) and i cant decide what to buy!!!??

What i need is a choc protein whey that tastes just like a chocolate milkshake (or close enough) and doesnt make me gain weight?? ANY RECOMMENDATIONS?

I've currently got the MET-RX Chocolate Whey Protein and i don't like the taste of it.....

I've been told to tell you that 'Maximuscle ' brand is the best.

Maximuscle is shite....No offence....

I use OCN Optimum Whey...It's pricey but has all the BCAA's you need ...Other than that get some Sci-MX....

Yeah that Mex-RX is foul mate and I'm not feeling Maximuscle's stuff either!!

EAS's protein is good tasting and so is Reflex Nutrition's - and there's some good trade sellers on eBay who way undercut shop prices (£30ish incl. p&p for the 2kg tub).

But my best recommendation for supplements, vitamins etc is these guys - www.myprotein.co.uk - we've got a load of their strawberry whey in at the moment and it taste bloody LOVELY - especially with milk!!!

Imagine like a cross between Crusha, Nesquick and a McDonalds milkshake... Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!! Honestly it's so nice that I even gave a batch to my mum and she's started adding it into the blender when she's making her berry smoothies!

Top quality stuff but way cheaper than everyone elses - they'll even sell you protein in refill plastic bags instead of having to get it in a big tub each time - this can save you loads of cash coz you just refill and reuse your old empty tub.

Yeh used myprotein before...Gotta admit it aint bad stuff.....

Why take this crap ?.... I trained for years and never took any crap like this.

Convenience...If your working you can't always sit down and eat what you need to eat...And also to ensure your getting the amino's, vit etc that you need...Diet plays a huge part in training as well as how you train and genetics...

Or if you're really hardcore (aka loony!), you could always try this homemade 'power shake' recipe I once found on the web!!

And I saw some nutter drinking it on a Channel5 bodybuilding documentary once! Sounds SO tasty - I'll give you a tenner if you can down a pint of this without puking! lol

CHEF TONY'S HARDCORE BODYBUILDERS TUNA SHAKE

- 200g Tuna in Water (Drained of course)
- 1+1/4 Pint Semi-Skimmed Milk
- 2 Large Raw Eggs
- 2 Medium Sized Bananas
- 3 Heaped Teaspoons Protein Suppliment (Egg and Milk Whey)

Mix up in a blender, drink 1 pint mid-morning and 1 pint mid-afternoon.

Convenience...If your working you can't always sit down and eat what you need to eat...And also to ensure your getting the amino's, vit etc that you need...Diet plays a huge part in training as well as how you train and genetics...

There is nothing convienent about weight training Pootas, either you do it properly or its pointless, eating properly is 50% of the game, this crap aint eating properly.

Each to thier own, but think eating "proper" food is far better

Is there a website where i can buy some small protein whey testers before i buy the actual tub?

I wouldn't like to cough out £30+ and not like the taste...

Try Reflex Nutrition's Tub i get mine from monstersupplements but most of the chocolate fav taste like crap mate stawberry is a safe bet i have even tried a mixed berry one which was green it turn my poo green and nearly stain the bowl lol:proud:

There is nothing convienent about weight training Pootas, either you do it properly or its pointless, eating properly is 50% of the game, this crap aint eating properly.

The training isn't convenient but sometimes if your working on site or wherever then shakes are convenient...Altho I do agree I'd rather a proper meal than a shake...

Is there a website where i can buy some small protein whey testers before i buy the actual tub?

I wouldn't like to cough out £30+ and not like the taste...

yeah the myprotein site sell stuff in smaller quantities.

or you can buy a batch of their unflavoured protein and then buy some of their flavouring packs - and decide which flavour you like.

i think the flavouring packs are only about £1.50 each so you aint losing much if you dont like a particular flavour.

If you were properly training there is no way you could do it without protein.Its the basics of what you need to make muscle.

Out of curiosity,how much was the steak you you used to buy?

Because to naturally get enough protein from say steak,it would cost about 7 quid a day to buy enough.

Protein shakes are far cheaper than steak,thats why people use it,they are also more convienient.

As for the original question optimum nutrition is good value and a good product.

Back