where to get cheap PC bits from

JIMMYQ

DW Regular
Reaction score
hi guys my machine is doing my head in it keeps rebooting and freezing its a amd athlon 2000+ 1.6ghz i had it reformatted but still no luck

ive had it for a while now and its about time i spent on a upgrade im thinking of getting some bits from CCL are they anygood?

ive never messed with pc's before but i want an amd 3000+ 64 bit am i better off buying it up and running or DIY ?

there are some on ebay for around the £300 ish but then if its knackered its a matter of posting it back to where ever and all the hassle

so what do you guys recomend?

any advice will be great

Pick them up cheaper at computer fairs...usually on sundays or saturdays in some places

yeh i was thinking of going to Bowlers on saturday see whats on offer thats only on saturdays and about 40 mile away from me too :(

if thats the case ill do it meself aslong as you help me if i get stuck dutcho?

@ reddevil how much did your setup cost mate?

AMD Athlon64 3200+ Asus A8V MAINBOARD 1GB DDR400 RAM 256MB GEFORCE AGP GRAPHICS 16X +/- DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER 100MB NETWORK Technics

Jimmy, m8 the same computer fair and guys (traders) come to Bradford too...

h**p://www.computermarkets.co.uk/

Richard Dunn Sports Centre
SUN 18th SEPT
10am-3pm
SUN 9th OCT
10am-3pm
SUN 30th OCT
10am-3pm

dont drop me in it Dutcho....LOL
im only getting the bits if youre gonna help me IF i get stuck ;)

cost me £420 as build yourself parts from local computer shop, retails at about £500.

@ khuram g thanks mate it was on yesterday :(
not on till the end of the month and i cant wait that long im DESPERATE!...lol

thanks for the info mate:)

Some fairs here too m8...local ish to you.

h**p://www.excelpromotions.com/diary.htm

I would defo build it myself.

Approx costs on the example board and processor you should be aiming at:- this is from one of the big 5 distributors - so if a comp fair is cheaper, definitely buy it.

Motherboard ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe/939 nF4SLI FSB1000 4xDDR
£90.00 + VAT

Kingston value ram - 512MB 266MHz DDR Non-ECC CL2.5 DIMM
£35.00 + VAT each so two of these £70.00 + VAT

Athlon 64 3000+/rev E3 socket 939pin BOX
£90.00 + VAT

So works out to approx £300.00 inc vat excluding VGA card.

A good 128MB VGA you can get for around £55.00 + VAT as well.

Let us know if you find cheaper.

Dutcho said:
There's plenty of ppl on here to give you a hand Jimmy as well as myself ;)

Go for it :)
yeah sure is mate put me down also like the rest said its easy building a pc and least doing it that way you get the exact machine what you want

My cusin has a computer shop, if u let me know wot u want i cn find out prices :)

feck dell and pc world, never buy from them, build your own, theres plenty of expertise on here! my machine cost me about £300 and is top notch .

d u think its worth gettin a 64 bit at the mo, cuz there aint too much software compatible for it at the mo???

kabzy mabzy said:
d u think its worth gettin a 64 bit at the mo, cuz there aint too much software compatible for it at the mo???

go for it m8 you dont need to install it yet just run xp it be fine and there cracking cpu's m8

Back