where to connect wires on new pc build

firefox1965

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, i have a Atrix tower and a MSI S775 Intel 975X ATx Audio Lan power Up Edition motherboard. This is the 1st pc build i have done but i'm not too sure how to connect up No1, No2 and number No3 in photo.Everthing else works fine apart from these 3 things. Any ideas where/how i connect these and if i need any adaptors will be appreciated.
1 is for fan 2 on lcd
2 is for fan 1 on lcd
3 is for cd rom on lcd

ok the fans will have mobo conenctors on

with y splitters

erm 1 end goes into mother board
in the other end of that connector u connect the fan

dont know about cd rom

but slic display

hi, the case fans themselves work, but the lcd does not show the fan speed, just flashes 0000.i presume the leads that are circled 1 and 2 need to be connected somehow(they have 4 pins, but i think one of them is not used). I tried the cable in pic connecting it with fan and putting the fan lead in the floppy type connector but the pc will not start in that configuration. As for the lead for rom, its supposed to connect to no25 and No26 on the IDE cable, but theres no way to connect it as the connector is in the rom.
The instructions for pc case aren't very good.

thats just a splitter / converter .etc

just gives 1 floppy connector out of normal 1

u wont have to connect that because u already have floppy power cables comin off the main psu

lol

about fan speed

ur fans might not report the speed

if ur fan has only 2 wires then it wont report speed

but if its got 3 it will

1 wire for +
1 wire for negative
1 wire for rpm sensor

thats just a splitter / converter .etc

just gives 1 floppy connector out of normal 1

u wont have to connect that because u already have floppy power cables comin off the main psu

lol

about fan speed

ur fans might not report the speed

if ur fan has only 2 wires then it wont report speed

but if its got 3 it will

1 wire for +
1 wire for negative
1 wire for rpm sensor

thanx for your time fes_786, does this make any sense to you. the cables for lcd fan display have 3 wires to plug, the plug has 4 pins(1 of them is not used). the case fans have only 2 wires, found this here http://www.hardwarelogic.com/news/63/ARTICLE/1233/2/2006-07-21.html ??

sorry to say but the fans got molex connecters

so u wont be able to monitor the speed anyway

and lcd has 3 pin fan connecters

but we have no idea why Atrix didn't use 3-pin fan cables as supported by the LCD display. Instead, they connect to the PSU via 4-pin power molex connectors, rendering the speed monitoring function useless out of the box.

so u wont get fan speed readings out of this

looks like to me poor design of some of the features

but u should still get temp readings

not sure about cd drive thing tho

Back