Where to buy Elvis Programmer ???

Pie Eyed

Member +
Reaction score
Whether and where to buy Elvis Programmer ???

I need to do an SA4000 box that I've had for over a year now.

I know how to get the U48 and U50 chips out, but need to read them. I assume that the Elvis is the best (and cheapest) programmer to do this.

3 questions then :

1. Is there any other (cheaper) programmer that will do the job ??? (Best price I have seen was £40 from an ebay shop)
2. Where is the best place to buy it - Looking for a recommendation of good price and reliability.
3. Will an 8-pin DIL socket fit into the programmer, so that I don't need to solder any wires to the legs of the chips ???

Thanks
Craig

Last edited:
h**p://www.electronic-devices.net/Programmers/programmers.html

h**p://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ELVIS-MULTI-PROGRAMMER-PLUS-4-TITANIUM-CARDS_W0QQitemZ5837255810QQcategoryZ60837QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

h++p://www.adteknik.se/english/mp35ser.htm
thats the elvis site

You dont actually need an elvis for that box mate, you can use a pic programmer that will read/write to a 24LC256, you might be able to get one of these cheaper than an elvis if you look around.

Also if you keep an eye on ebay you will probably see second hand elvis programmers going fairly cheap .. I bought one for £15 not so long ago.

edcase

OK mate ... I dont speak italian so I might be wrong.. but ive just spotted this and it looks like it might do it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PIC-EEPROM-PR...5839171155QQcategoryZ4674QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I dont know which software you could use with this, but im sure there will be some freeware readily available.

edcase

------------

edit: having looked closer it does seem to be compatible with the pic 24LCXX chips (Im not sure if this actually includes the 24LC256 as surely that would be 24LCXXX, although it may be worth contacting the seller to ask them) - and also there is a link to a site with some software on that ebay page

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

If I just get a "PIC" programmer, what software would work best for reading/writing these chips ???

Thanks again
Craig

Just ordered the £5 JDM Programmer from Italy. (£7 all-in with delivery).

Let's see whether that works before blowing about £40 on an Elvis.

Thanks again for all the advice.
Craig

did it work pie eyed m8? i have same probs and low on cash lol

Back