where is my drive space going

dave_c

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi all , few days ago , got mesage saying space low on drive c , when i checked it was showing i only had 6mb . i have deleted a few progs and bits i dont use anymore , also turned off windows updates , , done disc clean up etc , managed to get around 14 gb back , when checked today , it had gone down to 13.5 gb , just wondering whats taking it , running windows 7 os , tia

Check on how much space is being used for system restore points, your backups and also how much you have set for virtual memory.

couple of folders to delete that eat up disk space

stop windows updates service then delete folder c:\windows\softwaredistribtuon folder

delete log files in C:\Windows\Logs\CBS

cheers ferret got a few gig back using that , but then was still losing space , noticed that the drive was still looking for updates , even tho i had turned off the windows updates , ie updates , firefox auto updates , think it might be the windows defender as when i checked that it said the last check was today at 04:12 , so went into options and turned the use this program feature off , will see what happens over next few days

hi all , few days ago , got mesage saying space low on drive c , when i checked it was showing i only had 6mb . i have deleted a few progs and bits i dont use anymore , also turned off windows updates , , done disc clean up etc , managed to get around 14 gb back , when checked today , it had gone down to 13.5 gb , just wondering whats taking it , running windows 7 os , tia
Install CCleaner and perform the cleanup. It will also help identify large files in downloads and app logs, temp logs and browser cache that all of them combined could be in GBs.

Back