Where in the world quiz

Seedy_r0m

Elite Member
Reaction score
Let's move before they raise the parking rate.
It's Saturday night/Sunday morning, and I'm on the outside of a nice btl of Merlot, so here's the weekly piece of nonsense from me.

I thought it might be a good idea for members to post pics and have the other members guess where it is.

Obviously face shots are not required (& will be frowned upon), but photos with thumbs, back of heads, slightly out of focus etc will be acceptable.

Here's my effort taken today after my first real jaunt with my MTB.

The pic was taken with my N95, and has my latest toy sitting under the "Sentry".

Where?

Last edited:
The home of 603 squadron which was raf turnhouse which is now Edinburgh airport.

I'm a little curious about the aeroplane.

Blue Peter was supposed to be a Spitfire Mk Ia i believe

This however is a Mk IX, I think. Anyone else spot this.

Note the seperate radiator and oil cooler not fitted til Mk III i think
4 Blade Prop not fitted til Mk VII.
Canon's were never fitted on Mk I if my memory is correct.

Oh dear! This could get very nerdy.

least it about the 2nd best fighter of WWII and not caravans.

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/178295/

Last edited by a moderator:
You're right about the cannons, the Mark one had eight Brownings.

Oh dear! This could get very nerdy.

The home of 603 squadron which was raf turnhouse which is now Edinburgh airport.

Right on the button :)

It has changed locations a few times within the airport.

Incidentally, on Oct 16th 1939, the Spitfires of the City of Edinburgh 603 Squadron intercepted and shot down the first enemy aircraft during the first German air raid on the British Isles.

The model on show is a GRP 1:1 replica.
Apparently it's a MK IX airframe painted in the colours of a 603 Squadron MK I

Here it is in Google Maps

At first I thought the river was the Bosphoros, for no other reason than it was my first guess, but I couldn't find anything which matches the Istanbul skyline (or Gothenburg for that matter).

I'd place the structure as the Saab museum in Trollhättan Sweden, purely due to the antique car at the bottom of the pic, your penchant for Elk meat & because the structure is similar to the images I've found on the net of the interior of the museum. :)

At first I thought the river was the Bosphoros, for no other reason than it was my first guess, but I couldn't find anything which matches the Istanbul skyline (or Gothenburg for that matter).

I'd place the structure as the Saab museum in Trollhättan Sweden, purely due to the antique car at the bottom of the pic, your penchant for Elk meat & because the structure is similar to the images I've found on the net of the interior of the museum. :)

Good guess mate, but not correct :(

Clues:

I'm in a country further south than Sweden, and when I look across the lake, I can see another two countries ;)

The structure is world famous!

Where am I?

PS: I like this game......lol :)

Last edited:
Good guess mate, but not correct :(

Clues:

I'm in a country further south than Sweden, and when I look across the lake, I can see another two countries ;)

The structure is world famous!

Where am I?

PS: I like this game......lol :)

i think thats the Zeppelin museum in Friedrichshafen.. which would make that view Lake Constance

Last edited:
i think thats the Zeppelin museum in [FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Friedrichshafen.. which would make that Lake Constance[/SIZE][/FONT]

:Clap: Spot on mate :)

Lake Constance (from Germany) looks over to Austria & Switzerland.

The structure is a 33m Piece of the LZ 129 Hindenburg. (Re-made obviously).

Some more pics.

Last edited:
wonderfull copenhagen...

or Balamory lol

Back