where does iptv content come from

jfish

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
just curious where it comes from

I did notice the Sky channels have the small icon on bottom right, which is same as you get on VM so assume they get the feed from VM

What about the other channels like 3pm kick off etc

all over the world

when football seasons starts and with the 3pm kick offs .. whats reliability of the channels that show them, at moment ones I have tested has been great and can only assume not many people are streaming.

Depends on provider, some use stb boxes into HDMI encoders etc, some use pc's with tuner cards, other options are screen capture from a web feed or hijacking a paid web feed etc.

As for 3pm's as above all over the world for example TSN = Canada, Meo = Singapore, Astro = Thailand

Last edited by a moderator:
There's thousands of iptelly services m8
Its hard to give you a true answer for all of them

Having tested 100s of them now :) the real test is 3pm and champions league ime
Some of the biggest providers are the worst at this because they're not prepared for the surge in usage.
1st thing I do when I get a new playlist is check the quality of the sports channels and how many backups they have in the list.

idd BUT backups don't help if the server is hammered for bandwidth anyways, inbox if you want more info, not sure it's allowed on the forums

Another problem as well is with the court order in place for the season so the ISP's can block servers streaming the games. I think this will impact the IPTV servers in some form or another.
Obviously a case of waiting and see what happens...

Another problem as well is with the court order in place for the season so the ISP's can block servers streaming the games. I think this will impact the IPTV servers in some form or another.
Obviously a case of waiting and see what happens...

there is so many streams out there that i doubt it will have much if any effect. plus there are a few ways around the block like VPNs.

if they really want to stop or reduce the amount of streams they should lower there prices and try to get rid of the law that stops the broadcasting of games at 3pm on saturdays.
Also with the amount of money they are paying for TV right you would think they would be able to broadcast more than 3 or 4 EPL games a week

We have VPN's for the user end but are the IPTV servers pushing it out via VPN probably not and even if they are then they would need to keep changing their external address to stop being blocked. The problem being the court order is to stop the stream at server end and not block a users end.

yes but isnt that only if the server is UK based?

yes but isnt that only if the server is UK based?

Kind of, if the server is being accessed by people in the UK then the UK ISP can block the dns, doesn't stop another being used.

So for example the server (dw.iptv.com) is being accessed by people in the UK, then they will get said DNS blocked (dw.iptv.com) by the UK ISP or whoever is providing the DNS service (no-ip for example have started doing this).

As mentioned I think it will be a case of wait and see but I think it will cause problems for some people.

just curious where it comes from

I did notice the Sky channels have the small icon on bottom right, which is same as you get on VM so assume they get the feed from VM

What about the other channels like 3pm kick off etc
Ive noticed that are you sure its not some of the IPTV servers watermarking their channels?

Ive noticed that are you sure its not some of the IPTV servers watermarking their channels?

nope as I also have VM and the logo was identical on the cable feed and the iptv feed

Do you mean the 'plectrum' style watermark, if so it belongs to Sly, Vermin purchase the feeds from them.

Seeing as the IPTV streams will be transcoded from the same feeds it'll have the same watermark, IPTV providers normally put their watermark to the top left if they choose to put one in.

Yeah but Im still not entirely sure how it works. The chap with this setup tells me he streams Virmin and some Sly. As I understand it you can only get 4 channels at a time from Virmin and 2 from a sly box which wouldn't enable you to restream all that's available... Any thoughts?

what about something like sly go couldnt they stream another few channels from that?

Yeah you use 'OBS' but can't pull the stream direct (unlike some providers) due to the authentication used.

Back