Hardware Where do you buy your Pc Hardware ?

Tamarc

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys in need of a little help,does anyone know anywhere that stocks older unused motherboards ?
looking for a LGA 1150 Socket (Hoping to find Asus ROG Maximus VII Ranger)though not wanting to pay silly money for it'
Any recommendations welcome. TIA

Agree with spud you cant beat the bay

Hi guys in need of a little help,does anyone know anywhere that stocks older unused motherboards ?
looking for a LGA 1150 Socket (Hoping to find Asus ROG Maximus VII Ranger)though not wanting to pay silly money for it'
Any recommendations welcome. TIA

Is it to avoid having to reinstall or something like that?

Would love to find one new,but one that is working and not wanting my pension as a payment would be as i expected from ..DW..lol
tbh ws not a super duper Mobo,dont get why it is so hard to get ..?

PS I would still like to learn where you all shop for your Hardware,as my usual places where more than ....(.Feel free to Fill)

If i dont get a Mobo thats an 1150 then i need to get new ram and new cpu and mobo...

Sorry i originaly posted the wrong Ebay link.
Ive edited the post, there was 1 for 134 or a new board on the overclockers site for 154.

Thats all i managed to find.
I buy from Novatech.
Very reliable and competitively priced.

Would love to find one new,but one that is working and not wanting my pension as a payment would be as i expected from ..DW..lol
tbh ws not a super duper Mobo,dont get why it is so hard to get ..?
It's a pretty good one though @Tamarc, I have it myself in my main pc. Bought mine 3 years ago tomorrow, just looked at the invoice to see how much I paid but was part of a bundle so not listed separately
I bought the majority of my setup from Scan. My psu and graphics card were from cclonline.com

I can't find a Z97 motherboard in stock anywhere that I have got components from before. (Scan, ebuyer, aria, overclockers, CCL, Amazon etc)

Of those, the only ones still listing SKUs for Z97 boards are CCL: Gigabyte Z97X-Game Plus - ATX Motherboard for Intel CPUs - GA-Z97X-GAME PLUS, and Amazon: Asus Mod 1150 ASUS Z97-C ATX Motherboard (although there are plenty of piss-taking prices for second hand models in the market place).

If you are looking at the Z97 for its overclocking ability, have a look at the Asus Q87M-E. You won't achieve speeds as high as those on the discontinued Z87/Z97 chipsets; but at least you can still get hold of new stock for ~£120: ASUS Q87M-E - mATX Motherboard for Intel Socket 1150 CPUs - 90MB0FS0-M0EAY5

It's a pretty good one though @Tamarc, I have it myself in my main pc. Bought mine 3 years ago tomorrow, just looked at the invoice to see how much I paid but was part of a bundle so not listed separately
I bought the majority of my setup from Scan. My psu and graphics card were from cclonline.com
The Asus ROG Maximus VII Ranger was £130 at launch according to bit-tech's Z97 group test: Z97 Motherboard Group Test - Asus, ASRock, Gigabyte and MSI | bit-tech.net

Back