where do i get the mg_cfg + newcamd.list files from?

rafter_01

Inactive User
Reaction score
Evening,

ive installed the vix 2.3 image and the mgcamd 1.35a but where are the mg_cfg + newcamd.list files ? where do i download these from?

Also,whats the steps after this for me to connect my box up to get free channels? do i need to insert a bouquet file?

many thanks

once you have the mgcamd 1.35 installed should automatically generate the necessary files which are found in var/etc folder....i use blackhole image so im assuming they should be in the same location...if not here they are...just transfer them over into your var/etc folder...edir newcand list with your details...once you have done a scan on the sat you should get the free to view channels...hope im right lol,,,perhaps someone with more knowledge will correct me...good luck

see HERE

once you have the mgcamd 1.35 installed should automatically generate the necessary files which are found in var/etc folder....i use blackhole image so im assuming they should be in the same location...if not here they are...just transfer them over into your var/etc folder...edir newcand list with your details...once you have done a scan on the sat you should get the free to view channels...hope im right lol,,,perhaps someone with more knowledge will correct me...good luck

see HERE

sorry not entirely sure what you mean..

when i do an automatic scan, i get the following message:

Nothing to scan, Please setup your tuner settings before you start a service scan

Have you setup the tuner on your receiver to match your dish setup?
What receiver are you using?

You can scan manually, download a channel list using your receiver or transfer a bouquet.

got it working, free channels working... what i did was ftp'd RAT's bouquet to my VU+ Duo and now im getting the following message:

Vu+ Duo No Service Found Check Tuner Configuration

i think ive messed up the tuner configuration settings, can someone please assist? the dish is standard Sky dish!

Set your tuner to :

Simple
Single
Astra 28.2e

:)

Sent from my Xperia X10 using Tapatalk 2

Evening,

ive installed the vix 2.3 image and the mgcamd 1.35a but where are the mg_cfg + newcamd.list files ? where do i download these from?

Also,whats the steps after this for me to connect my box up to get free channels? do i need to insert a bouquet file?

many thanks

The g_cfg & newcamd.list files can be found in usr/keys folder

the etc/ folder is used for CCcam

If you have two inputs, then yes. If only one is connected, then the one without a feed should be left as unconfigured.

Evening,

many thanks

you likely have to provide them your self. If you used a cam from the ViX 4 shared account then configuration files were likely removed i know this is true for CCcam but i dont use MGcam so i'm not 100% on that.

If you have two inputs, then yes. If only one is connected, then the one without a feed should be left as unconfigured.

not strictly true.

if the op has two feeds he can set them up individually however if he only has 1 feed he can set the second up as loopthrough, This will give some more options although limited and no where near as good as an using a dedicated feed per tuner card.

lol...yes you have to configure your tuners first mine are both set to single sat astra 28.2 east....twin feeds, not looped through...i can watch one channel and record any other, however if i want to record a 3rd channel has to be on the same transponder that im recording the second channel...if you know what i mean...lol, sorry the files i posted are in var/keys and not in var/etc.....me bad...

Cool now working...but my international free channels are not working.... Blank screen, why is that?

Cool now working...but my international free channels are not working.... Blank screen, why is that?

What international channels, I thought you were on a fixed dish pointing at 28.2e?

If he is using rats channel list, theres a bouquet called "International" might be refering to that?

If he is using rats channel list, theres a bouquet called "International" might be refering to that?

Yes that is correct, also the picture size on most international channels are small, how do I make it full screen?

Got it sorted, menu>setup>a/v settings, changed display 4:3 and display 16:9 to 'just scale'

PROBLEM....

i dont think my mgcamd 1.35a is installing properly. Because when i go into softcam manager i see no cam info at all. Just blank??

confused..

Working now, why don't all channels work.. I'm part of a someones server but for some strange reason not all channels work.... I wonder why and this problem is just with me

not every channel will work, some come on at certain times of the day..some dont work.perhaps yr server hasnt got them channels...what channels dont work...?

Sly sports 1 doesn't work, sly sports 2,3,4 work... Some internationals don't work.... I've tested it on other boxes from that server all channels work, I have every channel...

Is it to do with scanning? Tuner B?

Back