Where can i purchase a PS 2 laser?

carla

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi everyone

Can anyone tell me where i can purchase a relatively cheap new and tested PS2 laser?

I modded my fairly unused PS2, the difficult PS2 3003R model, and believe that in the process of fitting the chip, I have ruined the laser. I have looked on ebay, but do not wish to pay to much as I do not know if the fault is due to an incorrectly fitted chip or whether the laser has had it.

Thanks in advance

Carla :littleang

What chip was it? Certain chips had special versions for V5.

If the laser worked before the chip was fitted I would suggest that it is OK and it's something to do with the modding; ribbon cable or someting not properly plugged in, shorts, solder splashes etc.

What does the machine do?

Also did you alter the pots (to adjust the lazer) if you have and turned them more than 1/4 you probley have burn out the lazer

Hi there

Sorry for the delay in a responding to you, didn’t know I had reply.

From the research I had done, the chip is meant for this type of PS2. I cant remember the name of the chip at the mo, (To cold to go in loft and get info) but it is well known make and has got about 22 - 25 wires. (Not messiah)

On the first attempt at fitting the chip, I ruined some components on the circuit board, so managed to obtain another PS2, with a worn lens, and re-soldered the chip and also swapped the laser over.

On testing the PS2 upon fitting the chip, it was able to play original discs fine and would start loading back ups, but then would hang. I have checked and double checked the fitting of the chip, wiring etc, etc. The problem got worse, so after a while, I thought perhaps I had knocked the laser, so made several attempts a adjusting it, but to no avail.

Thanks again :drink:

Back