When N3 Hits everyone, What are people gonna do?

steve9218

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi peeps,

Just wondering what everyone's ideas/plans are when N3 hits their areas?

Will everyone be using their boxes as door stops or binning them etc?

I thought that N3 is near impossible to crack, so i have decided myself to take the plunge into satellite. Its worth a go for me, like to try something new.

Cheers:Clap:

go the boozer for the football as the rest is utter vvank.

Well n3 has been in here (Dublin) for a year now. I have the basic digital cable package so the only channels we don't get are the movies and sport, and to be honest, i've usually seen the movies before they get to sky movies anyway and if there's a match on i particularly want to see i watch it online or go to the pub. So it hasn't made a huge difference to me, but i'm not that bothered about sport. :)

And what i did with my boxes, well my Replay Lite was given to somebody that had chorus so they got another few months out of that for their kid, i collected a few starviews from friends and posted them to someone involved with rehousing homeless people in England, so they got a few months out of them, and i gave my ITgates to friends that got satelllite tuners for them and are going to use them that way. :)

Last edited:
Stuck with the XL package but got a HD box.

Never watched sports & all the movies i'd already watched so i've not missed it. I've only thing i miss is messing about with my dbox2/dm500, new images, testing, personalising it, etc.

Stuck my dm500 in the loft, will see how things develop.

Switched to XL package, virgin did a decent deal and it wasn't much extra then what I was already paying plus I now have HD which has been great. Got ESPN for live UFC which is about the only sports I watch live. Don't bother with movies (download or go cinema) or Sky sports (go to pub or friends to watch). The only extra package we have is an extra fiver a month so the mrs can have her indian channels.

TBH, I have been pretty glad because I got to thinking how much we watch TV (or don't as the case turned out) and I am quite happy with the package I now have.

If I switched to C/S don't think there is a whole more I would be watching.

Evastar, That good how you donated your boxes and how you guys got good deals on the packages from v, but do you/will you not miss the hobby, like ManOfScience said he misses the testing/personalising, plus this is a great hobby and i myself just fancy staying involved with it, i know the cable scene may dry up, but its kinda the same, but a new thing getting into satellite scene, it'll be a new challange, needed a change me thinks. Sorry, but i do not know if any of you are into satellite as no one has mentioned it.

Never watch the movies as it's mainly tripe as it ofcourse the cinema these days, Hollywood dross. Never watch anything in the kids section, so slash that off, never watch the music channels, never watch the razzle dazzle channels or shopping. Gonna miss the sport and a few other select channels that show psychic detectives and psychic type shows and would be about it, oh, and Travel & Living for Antony Bordain's travel and cooking shows...

Even the Discovery channels are full of rubbish these days like programs about big things and 100's of documentries about the various different ways the world is going to end...

So yeah, hopefully I will read and meditate a lot more!!!

Even the Discovery channels are full of rubbish these days like programs about big things and 100's of documentries about the various different ways the world is going to end...

Don't forget the Hitler, I mean, History Channels.

a few other select channels that show psychic detectives and psychic type shows and would be about it, oh, and Travel & Living for Antony Bordain's travel and cooking shows...

Virtually all off that stuff is available on usenet for download.

Evastar, That good how you donated your boxes and how you guys got good deals on the packages from v, but do you/will you not miss the hobby, like ManOfScience said he misses the testing/personalising, plus this is a great hobby and i myself just fancy staying involved with it, i know the cable scene may dry up, but its kinda the same, but a new thing getting into satellite scene, it'll be a new challange, needed a change me thinks. Sorry, but i do not know if any of you are into satellite as no one has mentioned it.

Don't miss the hobby, plenty of other things to keep me busy like being on here, lol

I thought of going satellite, but when i looked into it my house was facing the wrong direction unless i put the dish right up beside the chimney stack and i didn't fancy a dish on a big pole out the back garden either, plus you would need to go c/s to get the channels on sat as well, so i decided not to bother. Yeah flashing the boxes was a hobby, but at the end of the day everyone has to move on and find other stuff to do. :)

I get all the discovery channels, history, documentary etc, so i don't miss the movies and sports channels much, they were rarely watched.

Sorry, but i do not know if any of you are into satellite as no one has mentioned it.

DW has a large thriving Satellite community mate, have a look over in the Satellite section if you need more info, there are lot's of us available if you need any help and advice.

DW has a large thriving Satellite community mate, have a look over in the Satellite section if you need more info, there are lot's of us available if you need any help and advice.

Hi Witchy,

Yes it has, sorry i was referring to people who never mentioned anything about what they were going to do after cable, i've just got myself a sat setup and im gonna have some fun getting it going. (plus i hate heights!) :-/

Thank you

Last edited:
allready got rid of my dreambox 600 i didnt fancy messing with sat, sky fitted here with xl package keeps wife happy. :)

same here i download films way b4 they come on them rip off sly/vermin channels anyway,
as for footies i will miss...but i`ll just do it the old way,
watch on the net/tv or go the pub/mates.
VIVA LIVERPOOL.

well n3 is hitting bracknell as my dad got his new card today so now when I stay I won't be able to use my dreambox. Now I'll have to socialize with them lol. got full sky hd at mine though so I won't miss much not that I watch much tv anyway lol.

Hit us yesterday so all channels gone on the old box, lovely run, checked around and well virgin still best for prices in some areas of there channel packages so got the L and Asian pack for 32 quid per month which with sky would be £50-60+ easily.

I can go the route of satelite>+ share and averge of 20 quid per month but for relibility and no net connection/bandwith required you cant put a price on stability for the family so went legit subsribed to Virgin.

As for missing the sky movies/channels (we watch zero sports) and movies/tv shows are full of repeats I can download the latest via torrent/nzb which is 10x better so all issues solved !

who's N3 and why's he hitting people?

the only challenge involved in the sat scene is trying to figure out why I bought a tm600 -I replaced it with a £15 firedtv-s from ebay and everything working with no WS bug, fully working EPG for further can I can be bothered to scroll and proper PVR facilities, much better picture and sound quality etc. etc. etc. - it did take about 3 hours to setup and configure but over 2 hours of that was getting the stream EPG fully working as sat has a seriously screwed up idea of what a useful EPG should be.

end of "challenge"

anyone wanna buy a nearly mint tm600? brillant bit of kit lol

Last edited:
Back