Whatsapp chat history help

Redgun71

DW Regular ++
Reaction score
A bit of back story first, my Huawei 10 plus phone died in October 2021, I thought everything was backed up on the micro SD but no.
I started to use a spare iPhone 6S and backed up the chat daily to either iCloud or Google Drive, I have recently bought a OnePlus Nord 2 and a new sim (swapped EE to O2).

Today my number ported over and I downloaded Whatsapp onto the new phone, before I opened Whatsapp on my new phone I backed up the Whatsapp chat on the iPhone one last time and selected export to Android. I follow the instructions and it stated follow steps on your Android device, I open Whatsapp on my new phone and enter my details i.e. my phone number.
The group chat names came across but not the chat and there wasn't any instructions or information about importing chat history from my iPhone. I went back to my iPhone and click on cancel because nothing was happening and now I can't access Whatapps on my iPhone.
I signed into both Google Drive and iCloud, there nothing there, so where is my chat history and where was it being backed up to?

Have you got a new number,
and new email that was used for WhatsApp?

If both are the same as last used on your older mobile and chat was backed up it should be there in you Google account

My new sim had a new number but is now my old/original number.
I have downloaded Whatsapp on my new phone and linked it with my old/original number.

I cannot see any Whatsapp files in my Google Drive, on my old (i) phone I can see in the iCloud folder that there is a a back up for Whatsapp but when I sign into iCloud it is not there,

The only thing i can think is the problem that it does not work from Iphone to Android

I've managed to log back into my old (i) Phone Whatsapp, exported all the chats to Google Drive.
Signed into Google Drive and the files are now there, can't open them as the file is not supported and they are not up to date at least by 24 hours. Then I went back to my current/new Android phone, Whatsapp doesn't give me the option of importing my chat history.
I think it is a one time thing, you previously back up your chat history on the Google Drive or iCloud then when you install Whatsapp on your new phone, you are ask if you want to create from an existing account/email address and would import from Google Drive or iCloud.

Back