whats the best Wireless Router for cable

big-ron

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi all,

as above, my main pc is hard wired, ps3, the kids pc's and my sat box goes into my Wireless Router, but its playing up lately (Wireless Router) - not sure if its getting over loaded or what? keep having to reboot the thing aarrrr, so whats my best bet ppl :) cheap as ;)

thanks

I havn't had to many problems with either linksys (most models seems to have hacked firmware available to boost range and stuff) or TP-Link which come in slightly cheaper.

Depends on what features you are looking for like VPN, NAS support, print server, etc

at the min its holding up (belkin54g) just need it when the kids go on the laptop, my printer is already wireless so thats not a problem (yet).

ive got dlink wireless n 615 i flashed it with wrt it realy good router way better than the wrn2000 netgear

linksys and tplink for me also, i`d stay well away from belkin like a whores spotty fanny.

my personal router is a draytek vigor, fantastic bit of kit, over kill for the house like, but rocksolid and loads of features, but they do come at a price.

TPLink is what i buy for customers , readily availible and not had a problem yet.

my personal router is a draytek vigor, fantastic bit of kit, over kill for the house like, but rocksolid and loads of features, but they do come at a price.

TPLink is what i buy for customers , readily availible and not had a problem yet.

Agreed m8 i have had a Draytek Vigor Dual WAN one for a few years and it is a great router.

Also the voip on it is good too, just setup your account and make cheap calls.

Last edited:
thats exactly right, mines the 2910vg dual wan with VOIP, i have a siemens gigaset580 in the back (just into rj45) , phone is excellant for my personal landline, and also have a standard pstn phone in one of the voip ports for buisiness etc etc. Dual wan is fantastic as well, they also support 3g as well by usb if i remember rightly ;)

but yeah, top router and i only paid £60 delivered from ebay (used)

get a free one from Virgin (they give the DLink DIR-615) and then get rid of the crap dlink firmare and stick on DDWRT and never look back

Never had any problems with my Edimax 6574n, has excellent range.

Back