What's the Best Way to Clean Grouting?

Evastar

Inactive User
Reaction score
The grouting in my bathroom is looking a bit grubby, what's the best way to get it white again?

I'd rake it out again and redo it cant get any cleaner than that.....

but u cud try white vinegar and bicarb in a paste put on with a toothbrush is great,leave it on as long as poss

Last edited:
use some grout stain its really easy to use worth a try rather than going to the effort of channeling around evry channel to get the old grout out. it does work i have seen the results from my old man. you can get it in all sorts of wierd colours aswell if that takes ya fancy. failing that try tipex lol

i tried something before, it was like a grout pen that was supposed to whiten it but it was useless. i'll give the vinegar and bicarb a go first thanks :)

quick and easy spray bleach on afected area over night repeat if nessary, do it once a week after

hi Eva spraying bleach or mould or midew cleaner are ok but its better if you do it the hard way it will last longer . for me clear the old grout out[which you can get a tool from b&q cheep] and then regrout .

i was wondering if leaving bleach on it overnight would bleach my tiles a bit? i assume tiles are bleachproof? lol

it isn't that bad, not all mouldy etc, just not white enough.

Eva

If its really unsighly then you can use a tool to remove the grout, not the cheap manual one through from B & Q.

You could try one of these.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

plasplugs heavy duty tile cleaner ...its basically acid .
works absolute treat , just wipe on , leave for 20 mins , wipe off , like new !
wear gloves.

it's not that bad, just kinda off white rather than white. i will give the vinegar and bicarb or bleach a go first, if that doesn't work i will try chris's suggestion. don't think i am going to regrout anyway.

Get grout buster, stop wasting your time with old wives tales ;)

Would that be GROT Buster you mean? It's what I use and it works a treat. Really thick and won't harm your tiles. Tiles are fairly indestructible when chemicals are involved.

i was wondering if leaving bleach on it overnight would bleach my tiles a bit? i assume tiles are bleachproof? lol

it isn't that bad, not all mouldy etc, just not white enough.

I think it would go yellow.

Back