Whats the best sat nav to go for now? some thing cheap and hackable

I like the igo software better than tomtom just personal choice.

i run it on an old navman but tbh the hardware you stick on the screen is immaterial.

i also have the pc version of igo running on my netbook with a £15 usb gps receiver as a backup :)

navitotal.com is the place to go for all you updates of maps voice speed and red light cams etc etc

Thanks guys, "igo" it's going to be me thinks then, thanks again for all your help!

If you want I'll stick IGO (v8.4 & primo v 1.2) on the FTP for ya. I'll also stick the latest maps on. Save you messing with those crappy filesonic type links.

I have both full Europe Navteq and Teleatlas (same maps TomTom uses) maps both Q2 2011 with POI's.

Last edited:
appreciated! thanks again, I'll hola at you when i get one then mate that be great! (thanks again for the FTP!)

Sorry to bring up an old thread, I've been offered some of the following.

Navigon 40 essential GPS sat nav.
Navigon 20 - same as above but smaller screen and less options.
Binnatone (forgot to write the model number down)
RAC 500
RAC 5000

Would any of the navigon take that "IGO" ?

Thanks chaps.

Sorry to bring up an old thread, I've been offered some of the following.

Navigon 40 essential GPS sat nav.
Navigon 20 - same as above but smaller screen and less options.
Binnatone (forgot to write the model number down)
RAC 500
RAC 5000

Would any of the navigon take that "IGO" ?

Thanks chaps.

i know igo will go onto the binatone units and the rac ones,if the others have a sd card slot i cant see why not

I just bough from an Ebay seller,a Mediatech 7 Lcd touch navigator, very cheap, with CE 6 and lot's utilities, included a 4 GB internal card and a slot for up to 16GB coming with IGO 2009 full EU or Middle east and USA ,full, for 57 Pounds and other Countries can be downloaded for free from him:7 Inch HD Touch Screen Car GPS Navigation 4G/128RAM/TTS/SPEED CAM/latest maps | eBay

The Nav coming also with map to be updated for free from the Seller, I installed also in the Memory Card iGO Primo my way 2 and work like a rocket..either better than Igo 8 ..
If you wanna these software only, for free, send me a PM and I tell you where. get. it..

Since astrolab kindly posted a recommendation I bought a 5" one from ebay last week, like
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
Probably made in the same factory in China as the one above but this one was delivered VERY promptly, think I bought it on the Thursday night & it was delivered on Saturday morning and a 5 inch screen obviously if that's what you're looking for. Came with full Europe map installed.
(I ain't on commission or anything just saying the item I got I'd recommend)
HH.

I received in few days trough DHL, very fast delivery consider I'm in South Africa and come from China Factory plus I have 7 inc screen. better than 5.. so an amazing product..for that price..

All my Satnav's are Win6 CE based, as long as you have this platform you can install more or less ANY Satnav software you want.

Best one I own cost me a mere £29 from ASDA, supports all common video codecs (Divx etc), plays games, MP3, Bluetooth and can run all the popular sat apps such as TomTom, NaviGo, iGo8, Mio etc.

you cant load tomtom on a win6 CE only win5 CE but igo primo 2 will work flawless

Not entirely true.

TomTom will work on WinCE6 device as long as you use a mapsettings.cfg file from a genuine TomTom unit, loads of which are available online.

128mb devices have most issues, claiming that they have run out of memory, any devices with less than 128mb works fine without any fiddling.

TomTom is shit anyway so why even bother. :)

Hey guys, is it possible to put maps for HGV's ( weight restrictions ) on a standard Garmin or Tom Tom ??

best bet is tomtom go 520/530/540 which has sd card slot cos truck map goes onto a 4 gig card.

ASDA were selling F&H sat navs a while ago for £30, I bought two for my wife and daughter. Both are now running on TomTom.

Keep an eye on ASDA, Tesco etc..

all info on how to alter software, maps, etc at navi total

Bought two of these Navigo III satnavs from ebay £47.25 inc pp (picture shows a Navigo II) but the OS is WM5 takes SD cards (non-SDHC - 2GB are cheap). Dead easy to install TT7 - there are two left as of 11th July 2012
NAVIGO BUDGET V3 3.5" GPS SATELLITE NAVIGATION SYSTEM | eBay

big for a car to be honest.best go for the normal sized ones as suggested,

Is there any real benefit in having the extra screen size of the 7in models for car use?

Back