Whats the Best cable Box to buy ??

hillway

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

Whats the best cable box to buy ?

A starview or a eurivox or something else ??

Cheers

Hillway

Hi,

Whats the best cable box to buy ?

A starview or a eurivox or something else ??

Cheers

Hillway

From what i've heard a Dreambox is the way to go. There is plenty of help/support avaliable for them, the picture quality is significantly better than that of say a pace box and they're sexy as hell! Oh, and they come with a couple of packets of sweets which is always a bonus :)

Currently running a Eurovox, which is very easy to set up.
So if you just want to plug and play i'd recommend that.
One downside is the eurovox doesn't output in true widescreen.

I am now though looking at a getting a dreambox as this has a little bit extra, but does need abit more know how to setup from what i've read on various threads.
I'm sure you'll be happy with what ever you get as long as it works.

ive got a dm500 and its great

still havent worked out how to record to my pc though

i cant find a easy guide, i want to start from scratch, can any1 help

Thanks for the replies.

I think i will go for the Dreambox then, I already have a DB 7000s and know the ins and outs of it pretty well.

Cheers

i thourght the nokia dbox2, was the best out ther. or is this just a misconception

dreambox is the way m8. you will not be dissappointed.

out of starview and eurovox, i would choose the euro as it is easier to set up and unlike the starview has not been reflashed after an ecm. but the dreambox is my overall favourite as it is more user friendly and easily adaptable

Stay away from the Pace 1000 series, I had one once and it was always overheating and crashing out....

dreambox, dboxs are good if you can get one that works (most are 5 years old) whereas the dreamboxes are new. Only thing about the dreambox is buy from a authorised reseller like dvb-shop24 as there are plenty of fakes going round for silly money.

starview is the best

for the price and ease to use and small and easy to update is the best.

only really had experience of Sagem & Nokia Dboxs - personally prefer the nokia. My sagems seem to crash more.

buty I guess its what you are after - easy of use, ability to mod?

I like my 4000n, but the starview looks good.

Thought the new Dreambox 500 were all clones, as the china offical factory stopped manufacturing a while ago and got rid of the parts to other companies.

Back