Whats the best 42" digital TV?

access

Inactive User
Reaction score
HI all,
Whats the best 42" digital, flat widescreen telly?
Plasma or LCD - needs to be HDREADY and maybe with a built in 5.1 decoder if poss!

Ta
Access

I would go for new panasonic High Deninition (HD) LCD plasma. picture quality is the best.

just fitted a 42" panasonic plasma in the works conference room - fabulous picture quality when viewed at any angle, anywhere in the room. highly impressed - just wished I could afford one

access said:
HI all,
Whats the best 42" digital, flat widescreen telly?
Plasma or LCD - needs to be HDREADY and maybe with a built in 5.1 decoder if poss!

Ta
Access

if you want the best you will have to pay a high premium, look at the pioneer plasma range, or the loewe lcd/plasma range.....but they are expensive

From what i have hurd chaps sony dont make a plasma tv thay youss samsung tubes and are just badged as sonys in there plasmas or lcd's tv's, anyway sony are a ripoff and over priced if it was me i would go look at the panasonic's as Cheecs as siad ment to be the best money can by at the minet.

:Cheers:

pana's sure are dear compared the the competion
BUT
theres a tOSHiba model
the toshiba wlt58 range is great

Personally I would go LCD over Plasma. Plasma is still young and it is still unknown as to exactly how long they will last. LCD technology has been around a lot longer all be it in the smaller form.

However the picture on both technolgies is amazing. The Panasonic Plasma is nice I have two friends who have them. I think these two have the Samsung screens - most manfacturers do have them, even the dell laptops do. Samsung's quality is very good and should not shy anyone away from a purchase.

Make sure you go HD which is going to make your 42" search for an LCD harder - and more costly around £2000 for a known good make. You can find bargain Plasmas now for £699!

Your call but I can recommend HiSpek - I purchase quite a bit from them. (for the web url add www. and .com) They normally price match too but shop around as they have been beaten before.

samsung 32" for me lcd around £800 upward. samsung do make their own stuff not just buy and rebadge also sam do a 42" lcd . lots of gamers use sammys little or no blurr on high speed frames.

logic_187 said:
if you want the best you will have to pay a high premium, look at the pioneer plasma range, or the loewe lcd/plasma range.....but they are expensive

i agree m8

mind you the plasmas are sh*t because once they have gone they cant be fix thats what ive heard whether thats true or not i dont know

Just bought the Panasonic TX 32LXD52 great picture and sound.. prefer the lcd to plasma everytime..

Sorry guys but a lot of what has been posted is just plain wrong. I install LCD and plasma every day. What have I got? A Pioneer PDP436XDE.

At sizes over 32" a good plasma wins hands down. Pioneer and Panasonic make the best at the moment, I chose Pioneer just because I prefer the styling and the seperate media box.

At 32" LCD performs well. Panasonics are my favorite although Sharp, Philips, Samsung and Toshiba make good sets also.

If you think your 40" Sony Bravia has a good picture then you need to come and watch the footie round my house.

Redeye I said:
What have I got? A Pioneer PDP436XDE.

At sizes over 32" a good plasma wins hands down. Pioneer and Panasonic make the best at the moment, I chose Pioneer just because I prefer the styling and the seperate media box.

i agree the Pioneer and Panasonic lead the way...Have a Panasonic TH37PV500 myself. Excellent TV wanted the 42" but out of stock several places I tried. Some new models out now so the PV500 range are discounted if you can find one.

Just check out any of the recent mags What Plasma, Home Cinema etc

i've also got the 37" panasonic plasma, excellent tv, and i have a 27" video7 lcd.
All tv's are coming down in price so could be a good time to go flatscreen.:Clap:

i have got a panasonic plasma and the picture is superb.i also thought the hitachi plasmas were very good.although everyone seems to be going for lcd at the moment for the larger sceen sizes plasmas are better value for money.

Panasonic plasma is the best around for price at the moment. IMHO.

Back