Whats happened this time ?

jonesy

Inactive User
Reaction score
My box packed in this morning along with the other telewest box downstairs and my girlfriends dad's box aswell all chipped ?

2 of them are pace 1000's and one pace 4000 all im getting is a blank screen and fault code b1014 anyone else having the same problem ?

There all on mosc cards and have been ok for months

Thanks for the reply davidh whats a forced update and how do u it ?

and will it work on both 1000 and 4000 boxes

depends if they are genuine Telewest boxes or NTL/C&W boxes - if the latter then they will have been killed by Teleport

Switch the box off (from mains), wait a 2 minutes, then press + hold the program up button, now switch on the box, keeping hold of the up button until you get a picture.

I think that's how you do it but a mod will correct me if i'm wrong
peace

unplug the box
hold in the standby button
keep hold
then power the box back up
it will show okay on the led
let go of the key
will then show 0000

press in order
favorites
then interactive
then tvguide
then tv
will show 4321
press ok button
leave to update

Right all the boxes have ntl and pace wrote on the front of them so i am assuming they are genuine ntl boxes, the 4000 box has DI - 4000 - N on the label if that helps. I have just checked the subscribed box down stairs and its got software version cr4 and the one upstairs has cr2 so im think thats why it aint working.

I just tried the holding + thing and it didnt work mate :)

end of the road m8.......

you will have to lift the atty and put telewest software on them............

got the 4 0000's on me 4000 box but there isnt any tv,interactive etc buttons to press and i have tried using the remote but no joy so is there a different sequence for the 4000 boxes ?

Just trying the 1000 box and so far so good :)

1000 and 4000 boxes didnt work so thanks to doggs nutts for the bad news and early xmas gift lol jk :xmas:

So how do i lift the atty and reprogram the things ?

Back