Whats going on with my 4001?

Gavvodka

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ive woke up and my 4001 say's "tune"

so i reboot'ed and held down the - button but its still keeps going to "tune" rather than a quick boot.. whats going on? even when i try to go the eng menu it goes straight to "tune" and stay's there.

Whats goin on here?

Have you tried to force the box to boot, by holing the up button when you power the box up. Other things to check are the Freq in the engineers menu. If the frequency is set right and you cant force the box to boot then you could have a faluty tuner.

cossiedavyd said:
Have you tried to force the box to boot, by holing the up button when you power the box up. Other things to check are the Freq in the engineers menu. If the frequency is set right and you cant force the box to boot then you could have a faluty tuner.

Id replace the CIM unit before the tuner.

soft boot it mate .hold down the channel down button on the stb and turn on the main power . wait a while till the led's start then release the ch down button .should reboot .also make sure your connection in to the box is ok .cim is like a peice of ram memory sits upright behind the led display inside the box .good luck .

i've tried to boot it, but with no joy.. and also cant even get into the eng menu.

do you think i should maybe follow the "pace 4001 stuck in tune" tut?

you can mate , also if its a 4001 you can pull the red jumper to reset everything it should automatically find your net id etc .. testing the voltage aint going to hurt either . some say its took a while to boot when just left in tune .

take red jumper off and reset what has happened is that if was going to start downloading but it failed
i would go in to eng menu and ckeck the snr is near 30 our above to ensure a good download then re bootbt the box to take the download

michael 1

michael1 said:
take red jumper off and reset what has happened is that if was going to start downloading but it failed
i would go in to eng menu and ckeck the snr is near 30 our above to ensure a good download then re bootbt the box to take the download
michael 1

this is about the size of it - unfortunately pulling the red jumper is unlikely to help. it sounds as if you upstream tuner has a problem. if you have a small rf cable coming from the side of the cim module to the mudulator (try disconnected it.) then boot the box. pulling the red jumper may help but i wouldn't be doing that just yet!! remove any and all splitters from your feed and connect the box to the cable as it enters your house and leave it a while.
i may revert to a sequential scan for a home frequency and symbol rate ect.

TWOBEERCANS said:
this is about the size of it - unfortunately pulling the red jumper is unlikely to help. it sounds as if you upstream tuner has a problem. if you have a small rf cable coming from the side of the cim module to the mudulator (try disconnected it.) then boot the box. pulling the red jumper may help but i wouldn't be doing that just yet!! remove any and all splitters from your feed and connect the box to the cable as it enters your house and leave it a while.
i may revert to a sequential scan for a home frequency and symbol rate ect.

small rf cable would be the thin black cable?

i have 3 boxs tonight that did the same thing.
Rewrote the cards and tried new cards. Nothin

ahh bollox..

i'm in the glasgow area.. think something funny is going down with NTHELL?

should i try the 2001 stuck in tune method or wait to see what happens?

hope i get it sorted for the game on saturday.

I'm fekked aswell, also Glasgow area. 4001 w/ OPOS. Done the red jumper thing and powered back on, still sits at "Tune" for ages with a black screen but eventually my panel displays "PAt" and a service upgrading screen appears on the telly? Been like that for 3 days now and am also getting worried that I won't be able to tune into the Teddy Bears on Saturday.

Back