Whats Better ?

dreambox for me but use the search button as this has been asked many times before :)

osborne82

osborne82 said:
dreambox for me but use the search button as this has been asked many times before :)

osborne82

Apologies : bat :

is there a way that all the infor and comments about this topic could be put together and made a sticky with the title dbox2 vs dreambox500c the info and facts?

hopefuldreamer said:
is there a way that all the infor and comments about this topic could be put together and made a sticky with the title dbox2 vs dreambox500c the info and facts?

There are countless threads on this subject,if you use the correct methods. In replying to this i get 1 more post count get my drift:Cheers:

Just a list of points made in no particular order in January this year.

[SIZE="3"[COLOR="Red"]]What makes the dreambox better than the Dbox2?
What can the dreambox do that the Dbox2 cannot[/COLOR]?[/SIZE]

• The network is 100mb in the dreambox instead of 10mb
• Well apart from the processor being 5 times faster,
• the menu's appearing INSTANTLY,
• the ability to play sounds animations and images at startup (which DBOX cannot do due to poor components),
• channel changing in 80 milliseconds,
• the SIZE and physical looks of the box itself,
• the 100mbps network port,
• the component-out ability,
Remember however, that the DBOX2 is second-hand and mostly up to 7 years old, whereas the dreambox is brand new, comes with a 12 month warranty,
• DOESNT have any tuner defects - so you're getting your moneys worth.
• Dreambox 500c is modern technology not 4/5 years old.
• its one standard not 3 manufactures
• the software written for it is well cool and ongoing
• dbox sounds get messed if you keep removing the scart plug whereas dreambox doesnt
• In dreambox there’s no confusing terms like UCODES or AVIA500/600 or anything like that - these dont exist for a dreambox
• theres no confusing stuff with these dreamboxes compared to a DBOX2. There isnt a "debug mode" or anything like that, theres no uCodes, no AVIA500/600, etc.
• Its also worth noting that the source code in the current CVS for the DBOX2 is corrupted and very flakey. The dbox2 drivers have problems. The dreambox CVS seems to be spot on.

You forgot to mention that the Dreambox is roughly 3 times more expensive :banana:

DBOX typical price inc postage = £100
Dreambox typical price inc postage = £149

:):):)

Back