whats been going on with DW lately

logic_187

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello,

question for the MODS/Admin

Whats been going on with With DW lately, been having problems accessing it. Also whats happend to the shout box? is it coming back?

There was a problem which was causing things to hang, Mickie has stripped the forum down to get it running sweet as a nut again and I'm sure, when he get's time, will start adding the nice little touches back ;)

ah i see, i thought you were hit by a dos attack
@mickiD good one getting the place running again

no dos attack lol

leech attack more like.... keys went down and we had about 1300 members online at once and more but the server could not handle the pressure as i never upgraded the MYSQL correctly when we moved and the new database server was running new software and the sql structure was different, plus i had the mail server setup to send via the localhost instead of the FQDN and that was casuign alot of bounced emails :( which was hogging the mail queue and waisting resources....

we have had alot of members on recently even yesterday there was 700 almost and the server handles that fine... if we continue to grow i will have to take out another server to handle the Mysql backend, but i need to read up about this as i have not set one up before so will want to get it spot on

but anyway good news is we are back and looks good for the time being ;)

As ever Mickie we are in your debt m8, thanx for all your hard work.

plus i had the mail server setup to send via the localhost instead of the FQDN and that was casuign alot of bounced emails which was hogging the mail queue and waisting resources....

Sorry to pester, but does that mean you've sorted the mail?? Can I bother you to sort out my mail account.....:rolleyes:

Ta very much

Back