whats a down converter and where can i get one

tmontana

Inactive User
Reaction score
hello all,well i now find myself in a c*orus MMDS area and just moved in, the last owner sent subbed box back to c*orus but i still have the antenna on the roof, i have never had c*orus before but was in a relatives house and they have a subbed STB and a black thing that looks like a plug, the cable from the ariel on the roof runs into this and then from this into stb. is this the down converter as i have never seen one before?what does this do

also is there anywhere i could buy one?
are they universal or do ii need a specific one for c*orus?

if i souce one of these and connect it up and get my dreamer sorted along with my ariel will i be good to go,

any opinions welcome

cheers

Its the power inserter for the downconverter. The downconverter is fitted at the aerial and need 12 volt 200mA over the antenna cable.
The problem is to find a matching power inserter. The normal inserter for mast amps can only handle up to 100mA.

so mgb are you saying i need a "12 volt 200mA power inserter" and i can get this working? or would minimum sub be needed?

cheers

You need only a matching power inserter if mmds aerial and wireing are ok.

All you need is a power supply 18v minimum and 350 mA.

Due to the technical specs the downconverter accepts from 12 volt to 20 volt maximum 200mA.
You have to find a matching inserter by yourself.

Back