Network Provider whats 3 phone network coverage like now

pearcie

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi i know maybe should be in mobile section but it is a kind of general question so here goes does anyone know what coverage is like on the 3 mobile phone network and what the companie are like in general because i was thinking of takeing out a new contract whith them, thought i would seek advive first i have been on orange contract at the moment but its out so looking for a new one thanx for any replys.......

Its much better than:-
T-Mobile
Orange

BUT it depends which area you are in and if you have the full 3G coverage

hi i know maybe should be in mobile section but it is a kind of general question so here goes does anyone know what coverage is like on the 3 mobile phone network and what the companie are like in general because i was thinking of takeing out a new contract whith them, thought i would seek advive first i have been on orange contract at the moment but its out so looking for a new one thanx for any replys.......

i am using a 3 modem for my lappy (so its similar cos i have a sim card and phone number) sofar i have able to connect to internet everywhere ive been.
Now i drive a truck ALL over the country every week ie scotland / devon/south east and west etc. it works for me so you should be ok.

to be honest i find that all network providers are 10 times better than what they used ot be 5 or even 10 years ago, and i live in wales....

I was like you. Wondering if 3 was ok, took me ages to make my mind up.

i took my contract a year ago and have had no problems with calls.

however, when I text someone, it sometimes seems to take ages before I get a reply.

Plus you can't just put the sim card in any unlocked phone, won't work.

Can't beat them on price though.

I got a deal, 750 anytime any network minutes 150 texts, £5 downloads a month,all for half price £17.50 monthly for 18 months

Easy to get in touch with

I was thinking of taking up a 3 contract, but worried about bad reviews. This makes for some interesting reading though :Clap:

If your on orange you will not notice any diff, 3 use orange as their 2g carrier. So when you don't have 3g coverage the 2g coverage is from orange.

If your phone goes faulty with three your in trouble, their service guys can't fix anything. (2 new nokia phones all faulty, refused replacement only repairs and only had both 1 hour)
Three support and services is all in India, a simple question or problem can have you on the phone for hours, going round in circles and constantly being hung up!
Their coverage in ireland is pretty crap, their maps to show coverage are just plain blatant lies, my phone had to be setup to use O2, Orange and Vodaphone networks which is not covered by my free minutes on most occasions.
A text message can take hours, sometimes days to arrive from three...
3g for video calling is only available inside major cities.
But i have to give it to them, my first 4 months on three were hell, but they sorted it all out and now i have no problems, but my phone is very seldom on the three network.
A friend signed up recently, new nokia phone arrived faulty, three weeks later they still hadn't replaced it, he tried to cancel contract only to be told no, you have gone over your 7 day grace and he hasn't even been able to use their service, three want 500 quid to cancel..
Just be very wary mate, they use all the tricks in the old book and don't want to know you when there are problems.
I eventually got an indian freind to ring em up and give em hell in their own lingo.

If your phone goes faulty with three your in trouble, their service guys can't fix anything.
....I agree with you totally on this, I have N95 and I had it sent for repair 3 time, the first and second time they didn't even check the phone just did a factory reset and set it back....

been with them 3 years no probs with repairs and there covered @ the service centers
just got a new contract out of them @ 600units mins or txts with a k850 with skype 1000mins free
all this for £10 a month for life it was a retention deal tho but i get a new phone every 15 month
cant beat it anywhere never had a issue with coverage both national and locally
can fault the Indian call centers tho there fooking clueless and a waste of time i always end up shouting and having to call back when im cool again there like robots with a script they must follow .....retards !!!!
but for buttons ya can put up with it tmoble csu,s sux cok also !!!

some mixed views then thanx for all the replies has gave me something to think about i think maybe i will go for it seen they had a nokia 6500 slide black and 1100 mix & match for £20 pound a month i cant see any better deals out there ...........................

some mixed views then thanx for all the replies has gave me something to think about i think maybe i will go for it seen they had a nokia 6500 slide black and 1100 mix & match for £20 pound a month i cant see any better deals out there ...........................

Let me warn you.

My contract is 18 months half price rental.

After 6 months I noticed on my bill they charged me the whole rental.

I phoned and was told that they do the half price in 6 monthly blocks, they did put it right.

Got my bill yesterday and the same thing happened, although they have sorted it for another 6 months.

I think they hope that people won't notice.

Keep your original paperwork, just in case

Watch your bills.

i've had no probs with my N95 on 3. had it since december and it's been spot on so has coverage and never had a problem with receiving texts either.

the wife got a N95 on t-mobile the same time and hers has been back in the shop 3 times and sent away twice for nearly 3 weeks at a time,go guess it just goes to show you either get a good or crap phone from whatever provider your with.

I was like you. Wondering if 3 was ok, took me ages to make my mind up.

i took my contract a year ago and have had no problems with calls.

however, when I text someone, it sometimes seems to take ages before I get a reply.

Plus you can't just put the sim card in any unlocked phone, won't work.

Can't beat them on price though.

I got a deal, 750 anytime any network minutes 150 texts, £5 downloads a month,all for half price £17.50 monthly for 18 months

Easy to get in touch with

lol, they offered me the exact same contract a year ago for £17.50 a month, the salesman failed to tell me at the time that after 9 months into the contract i would have to start paying the full amount £30 a month. 3's customer service is VERY BAD, its like your talking to a robot and it just seems theyre reading a script.

Im quite impressed with the repecption i get.

Make sure you check your bill every month, i thought i would just have to pay £17.50 a month for 18 months but that was a lie.

Last edited:
lol, they offered me the exact same contract a year ago for £17.50 a month, the salesman failed to tell me at the time that after 9 months into the contract i would have to start paying the full amount £30 a month. 3's customer service is VERY BAD, its like your talking to a robot and it just seems theyre reading a script.

Im quite impressed with the repecption i get.

Make sure you check your bill every month, i thought i would just have to pay £17.50 a month for 18 months but that was a lie.

Read my last posting.
If you have kept your original contract, which should state 18months then they don't a leg to stand on.
Got mine sorted.

Last edited:
Just joined 3 last month. Find coverage a bit patchy. Folk always seem to go to my VM.

North london coverage is generally very good, but can be a bit off on days

tried 3 i found coverage poor in soyth east london transferd back to 02

I have had a 3 phone from January and had no problems until last Monday when the speaker started playing up,i phoned the help line,got a very helpful and courteous Indian guy who talked me through to try and resolve problem,this was unsuccessful,he arranged for phone to be picked up on Tuesday which was promptly done and my phone was returned fully repaired Thursday.I have to give a thumbs up to 3 customer service.

great stuff thanx for all your views............

Back