What would happen if.............

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
Seeing the new BT advert in the telly with the gremlins (yes, digi is about to start talking crap again lol) got me thinking about gremlins and mogwais and the rules that go with them

keep out of bright light
dont get them wet
NEVER feed them after midnight

what would happen if you got on the 22:00 shuttle to france, it only takes 25 mins, but when you get to france the local time will be 23:25, so you get your duty free fags and booze ready for the shuttle back which is at 00:05. you sit down as the shuttle leaves and give your mogwai a few bags of crisps, but its gone midnight (local time) but 25 mins later when you get back to the UK its now 23:30 again, so local time is now BEFORE midnight

when you wake up in the morning will your mogwai be a gremlin??

get out more? i think all the fresh air has gone to my head lol

It's a tricky one this.
I'd say it depends on the age of your mogwai,as obviously if it's an old one it's going to take longer to digest the food.(does it kick in when crisp enters mouth...or food digests?)
And thereby when you think your in the safe zone...WHAM......... its GMT (Gremlin mean time).

The "Never feed them after midnight" rule is completely flawed anyway. At what time after midnight does it become o.k. to feed them? Isn't it always after midnight no matter what time of day it is?

The "Never feed them after midnight" rule is completely flawed anyway. At what time after midnight does it become o.k. to feed them? Isn't it always after midnight no matter what time of day it is?

if you feed them after midnight but before theyve slept then thats feeding after midnight, if theyve slept and then wake up hungry, even if its 2AM then you should be ok, i think

Its the same as humans and jet lag and so on...

If you go to France even though there is an hours difference we wouldnt really notice much unless we look at the clock, the gremlin cant really tell time so he would still be going by British midnight... however if you went further, were there is a bigger difference then on the first night your little friend will stay cute and furry as he would be jet lagged, however the second night if you fed him after midnight local time he would have adjusted and he would turn into a Gremlin... However that all being said if you do come across any please do send me one :)

my two sons had the furry mugwai type ones the nice one? when they were much younger. but one of them nearly turned into a nasty gremlin. he said mum its talking funny and a funny burning smell? ( it was burning itself out) ......... so they really do exist . dumped it of course. xx

Did you try dissecting it??? I think the evil ones are funny and much better than the weak fluffy ones...

Did you try dissecting it??? I think the evil ones are funny and much better than the weak fluffy ones...

ooh no. it might have bitten me. nah just dumped it . and it was ina dark rubbish bin so shoulda stayed a mugwai . hehe xx

Check up from the neck up required !!! lol

Digi has been has been at the cooking sherry again !!! :Cheers:

You know Digi I have often pondered on the same thing, let's face it these creature's do actually exist or BT could not of used them in their advert (it's a simple truth) so someone out there must know the answer.

Maybe the time clock in the wee man is governed by his country of birth therefore it matters not where you are, but then if you have took him away from his country of birth and have bought him from a none regestered breeder then you might be in for a heap of trouble not knowing exactly what time misnight is to him.

Given your problematic situation I think I will retire to the bath and splash my wookie around to get the cheese from under his neck and ponder on this question.

Back