What would be my UBR?

GaryM

Inactive User
Reaction score
Which part of this line would be my UBR?

cpc1-bolt1-0-0-custxxx.manc.cable.ntl.com

Thanks all.

Last edited:
Thanks though that just shows me the info I posted in the initial posting.
Which part of the line is the UBR or have I got the wrong end of the stick and all the line is the UBR?

Here again for reference -

as far as i know mate, firstly you need to make sure whoever your trading macs with is on the same headend as you, yours being "manc".
Then make sure they are on another cpc, in other words in your case they should be on cpc2 etc etc.
The part iam not 100% sure about is the "bolt1-0-0", i would take a guess that its best to make sure the other person isnt in the "bolt" area, or if they are just make sure that they dont have the same number part after bolt.
As for the customer number, dont bother with that, means nothing really when trading macs, its the other parts i just told you about that matter.
Hope that helps.

I've Highlighted your UBR you want Macs from bolt2 and above. If your in Bolton Macs from GMR area or possibly Blackburn or Burnley should work.

I've Highlighted your UBR you want Macs from bolt2 and above. If your in Bolton Macs from GMR area or possibly Blackburn or Burnley should work.

Thankyou, a very useful reply.

how many ubr area's are there out there

Fook knows. I know the ex, C&W, East Lancashire Head End provides at least 10 areas, each with it's own UBR, each UBR usually has 10 segments, but in smaller areas, there may only be 2 or 3. Larger Cities like Birmingham, Bristol & London, will have several Head ends, each providing 10 plus UBR's with up to 10 segments on each UBR.

@GaryM, If you click the link in my signature you'll be able to download the Haynes. In the Haynes theirs a chapter on UBR's plus tons of other stuff.

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Fook knows. I know the ex, C&W, East Lancashire Head End provides at least 10 areas, each with it's own UBR, each UBR usually has 10 segments, but in smaller areas, there may only be 2 or 3. Larger Cities like Birmingham, Bristol & London, will have several Head ends, each providing 10 plus UBR's with up to 10 segments on each UBR.

@GaryM, If you click the link in my signature you'll be able to download the Haynes. In the Haynes theirs a chapter on UBR's plus tons of other stuff.

Regards
thats right in east & southeast and south london is extremely large and they all use j machine so macs from south will pretty much work up in the far east part of london thats go 10 to 15 miles spread or more

Last edited:
Back