what will i need to re-flash modems chip

trigger2204

Advanced Member +
Reaction score
need help is it a willem i need if so where can i get one and what software
also is it the same process as tangomans video on removing atmels from cable box? thanx in advance.

a willem 4.5

And a lot of patience.
Some jumpers as well. You know the things that you put on master and slave settings when you install a new hard disk/dvd drive.
I got my one from jabs place but a few people have slagged it off.
I think it was fine. He forgot i had ordered 2 atmels as well as my willem. Emailed him,he appologised ans sent them straight away.
Theres another video on tcniso that shows the poor mans way of doing it with a cheap old soldering iron and some solder wick.
I have succeded in unsoldering an mx chip off an ambit reading the chip with willem and then soldered it back and it worked!!!
This was after i had buggered three ambits,but they were all 120's so it does'nt really matter now.
it would be a lot cheap to search for a 200 with no update on ebay.
You can almost tell which ones to buy.
been in the garage for months and having a clearout or moved house and brought it with them.
Pay no more than 15 quid.
I got a 200 i want to try and put a clean dump on but have'nt been able to gat a dump yet.
I might gamble one and take a dump from it sooner or later.
If you do get a willem i can show you where i put the jumpers.
It took me about a week to get my head around it and in the end it was just trial and error.
Cheers...........................

name750 said:
Theres another video on tcniso that shows the poor mans way of doing it with a cheap old soldering iron and some solder wick.

I cant get that video either to play or even to save from that site, anyone any ideas ?

maybe it's your dogy modem??

I think i still got it?
I could do a torrent or send it to you if you want
You mean the soldering one.
He makes it look easy.
I melted the leds when i tried it.
I managed succed on the fourth attempt.
Buggered 3!!,but they were 120's so that don't count.
Laters.................

ye the soldering one mate (pm sent).

the one yous are talking about is pants, its a total different chip anal pins are on the easier said, which makes it easier to lift, and also i think he put abit to much heat on the chip, he cooked it! To be fair i think its well out dated.

L33tpL4y4 said:
the one yous are talking about is pants, its a total different chip anal pins are on the easier said, which makes it easier to lift, and also i think he put abit to much heat on the chip, he cooked it! To be fair i think its well out dated.

ok thanks for the info matey :)

I managed it like that once.
But my poxy willem is playing up now!!!
I had it working lovely!!!
Now it's giving me jip.
I got tsops to dump.
I'll give it a rest and then it's for it?

Back