What were the devices you grew up with?

Always thought of this old game and bring it back with a kick lol

Daisy chain a few 9v battery's and have some fun 🤣

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Gaming & Computers: Grandstand Games Console, AstroWars/FireFox/Scramble, ZX81 +16K RAM Pack, ZX Spectrum & Kempston Joystick, Elonex 386 SX25 PC, Amiga 500, MegaDrive/MegaCD

Had a subscription to Crash and C&VG magazines.

I also had one of the first 2G mobile phones when they started to become a bit more popular and smaller, didn't even had a model, it was quite big (not as big as the older ones), but enough that the 3 inch antenna stuck out of my pocket or into my side when it was clipped to my belt - yes I was cool in the late 80's early 90's. Think I had the Motorola StarTac at one point.

Boardgames: Operation, Mouse Trap, KerPlunk......amongst others

Other (School Mid 80's): Marbles+Steelies, Conkers (frozen, varnished and a myriad of other weird and wonderful coverings)

Amiga 500 - always mind of the Jolly Rogers Cookbook. Think you can still find it on some torrent sites

Also used to have the remote control watch. We used to send the staff mad at the tv rental shop down the town centre. Turn all the TV's up full blast haha

There was no TV until I was 8 years old as the Beeb did not broadcast during the war years until June 1946. Even then, only the rich could afford one. I remember dark nights during the war and the late 40s huddled around the radio listening to Dick Barton Special agent on the light program and ghost stories in the evening on the home service. The radio was powered by a 12 volt accumulator which we had charged at the local bike shop as we only had gas lighting and no electricity. No plumbed in bath, no heating apart from a coal fire and a back to back oven. We did have an outside loo at the end of the garden, behind the air raid shelter. The only gadgets I had was a slide rule, tape measure, a refillable fountain pen and a propelling pencil as biros had not been invented. Lesney, Dinky, Triang and Hornby were the toy car and model railway toymakers who appeared after the war, making basic toys from surplus sheet metal available after the war. We had a wind up gramophone which played 78 rpm records with a steel needle which totally knackered the disc. Shank’s pony (legs) were the most useful gadgets of the day as school buses did not exist and who could afford a bike. Ah! Happy Days !

spectrum here spent many days on jet set willy , minic miner , attic attack and many more and learned quick the tricks from coping games at the ripe old age of 8

I never had a scalextric. Instead I had the poor mans Matchbox Race and Chase. Does anyone remember the CrossFire game?

Anyone own a Vectrex ? I have one now but never owned one BITD. To expensive for my family

I think race and chase was better than Scalextric, the reverse switch and the tilt bridge were cool, and the cars didn't fly off as easily. I think the TCR was better as well. The good thing about Scalextric was the amount of different cars you could get for it. I also remember crossfire, You obviously have fond memories of the 70's.

Back