What was your salary in your first ever job?

£80 a week for 49 hours in a ware house 10 years ago............then 40 of it went on the burger van next to the place lol

..........then 40 of it went on the burger van next to the place lol

jeeeeze you must be a fat fooooker :roflmao:

my first job was on a yop scheme back in july 1982,was a vehicle preper
ie masking the vehicle and rubbing down prior to re-spray, for 25 a week
a fiver board the rest beer and jamaican woodbines ;)

Great post Munkey :)

I started on yts on £25 stripping lorrys ready for spraying (lasted about 2 months) 1983

then started as a trainee Glaizer on £25 again and was there for 20 years

until starting a fresh running a small drylining supplies company for my m8 :)

1983 and i was 16 worked in a scaffolding yard and was taking £150.00 a week (take home) and whatever scams we could do, All in all i was a lot better off back then than i am now .....!

i too did those y.o.p / yts jobs my first wages was £25 a week too in 1982 . was in a newsagents then after 6 months went to a general groser cum corner shop . then got a permanent job in a cafe stayed there till i left and had my babies. ( they now 17 and 14 bless) xx think i gave me mum a fiver a week then xx

My first job was delivering papers in '88... at a penny a paper.... 270 every friday night!!!.

Maybe that doesn't count.

First real job was in Frasers in Glasgow, £3 an hour... great fun... ratio of 900 women to a few good men (boys, really)!!!

YTS on £25 per week in 1984.

We done Gardening, Welding, Joinery, Painting & Decorating & Upholstery. for so many weeks then you had to choose what one you wanted to excel at.

I was a budding Joiner back then so took that. Needless to say there were no jobs at the end of it as the feckin' tories had practically done away with apprenticeships!

After that I worked with the Parks Dept on what they called a community programme (Yet another progamme to get peeps off the unemployment register to try and make the Tories look better).

On recollection, the feckin' tories have got a lot to answer for?

A - They took my milk away when I was a bairn.
B - Took all my prospects away when I wanted to work.

£25 per on a YOP as an apprentice plumber in the mid 80's, when my wages doubled over night when I started my apprenticeship proper.

24 years later still at the same place but as a technical officer and project management. Have less spare money now than I did back then

£15.50p a week in 1976. as a semi skilled electrician, making electrical harnesses.

I payed my board, and managed to go out to the Dogs on a Tuesday and Thursday, and to the local pub Fri, Sat, Sun Morning, and Sunday night.

Lucky if i get out once a week this day and age.

£40K per annum, for a software development company, I was originally only supposed to be there for 2 weeks work experience from Uni :)

Was there a post like this a while ago about your first car???

£75,000 pa

Someone's on the dole...

I first made 2 quid a sunday bottlign up in my aunties pub, about 3 hours work.

Then 8 pound a week delivering papers, 7 days a week, for 3 and a half years.

£1.25 p/h working for solripe lol near 25 years ago was still at school did this on a sat i wanted into next door at dun and moores as they paid a little more . loli think ive had 2 wages rises since then now in on at atleast 1.75 p/h

150 pwk pint was 92p and 20 fags under a quid lived with mum for free life was so hard in them days lol

Back