What was your salary in your first ever job?

5 pound a day for a little charity about 9 years ago lol. im still young!

I was an Electrical Apprentice at Chatham dockyard, I used to take home £9.50 a week so I dont know what the gross was, but I lived on bags of chips and gravy, lots of vinegar , a pint of milk and a game of cards. lets say that was about 1975. I used to give my mum a couple of quid and I used to get lots more than that back. It seems such a long time ago :Cheers:

£60 pw multiskilled apprentice at cadburys, 19 years down the line im still there but the money has gone up a touch :)

god your all babies :roflmao: heres one £4 19 shillings and thruppence for a weeks work ,apprentice blacksmith

Last edited:
My first legit job was working as a layer/cutter in a place called dreamland pmsl. We made quilts & sold other bedding.
It was around the same time decimal currency started. I got £6.35 a week flat rate, but could sometimes earn around £14 if I done piece work :)

But! When I was around 11 years old I used to work for 5 bob (25 pence) a day. Shovelling coal into paper bags. Stapelling them up, and delivering them to shops.
The place even got raided once when we were doing nightshift lmfao.

What kind of bloke would hire kids like me in them days ffs.
Still! I loved it :)

Back in 93/94 i was on 30 quid a week yts placment in a bike shop but the boss used to pay me a proper wage on top (100 quid) aswell loved that job.But had to leave when i was 18 due to moving into a flat and needing a higher payed job :( .

Back